Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Jul 2015, 07:59
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Min GMAT scores for the top 10 US Business Schools

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 14

Min GMAT scores for the top 10 US Business Schools [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2010, 19:19
Dear Folks,

Can people share the minimum GMAT scores that the members of the GC got and still were accepted to one of the top 10 Business Schools in the US?

Regards
Farukh
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 68 [0], given: 46

Re: Min GMAT scores for the top 10 US Business Schools [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2010, 08:47
Try going to the school's webpage and look at its class profile. It will give you the range.

It's a dawg eat dawg world.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Weight: 170lbs
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V42
WE: Analyst (Other)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 101 [0], given: 38

Re: Min GMAT scores for the top 10 US Business Schools [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2012, 22:10
I wouldn't be surprised if people got in with sub-600 scores. Think of all the reasons that an adcom would add someone to the admit pile. I remember for undergrad they listed the 25th and 75th percentiles, so you really didn't get the range. Much easier to hide the football players that way, am I right?
Manager
Manager
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 12

Re: Min GMAT scores for the top 10 US Business Schools [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2012, 00:59
Here is a list of the top B schools and their median GMAT scores:

2011-mba-rankings-99812.html?fl=menu

Please give KUDOS if this post was helpful!

Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q V
GPA: 3.22
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 16

Re: Min GMAT scores for the top 10 US Business Schools [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2012, 05:15
vandygrad11 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if people got in with sub-600 scores. Think of all the reasons that an adcom would add someone to the admit pile. I remember for undergrad they listed the 25th and 75th percentiles, so you really didn't get the range. Much easier to hide the football players that way, am I right?

Thanks for making my day, vandygrad11. That cracked me up.

Well I don't think business schools will ever publish their minimum GMAT scores.

Fine, let's play devil's advocate and imagine that business schools publish their minimum GMAT scores. I won't be surprised if 5-10 years down the road the average GMAT score for Stanford would be 790 and the minimum GMAT score would be 730.

Actually, one of my bucket lists when I go to business school in the future (2-3 years down the road) would be to interact with people with sub-600 scores. I want to know read their essays and recommendations forms.

I hope someone from this forum could share his experience. It'll be entertaining, to say the least.

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
- T. Roosevelt

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.39
WE: Business Development (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

Re: Min GMAT scores for the top 10 US Business Schools [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2012, 13:20
I like using this as a reference. Doesn't display minimums but has the 10th and 90th percentile ranges for all the good schools. Pretty much need to be in or above these ranges for GPA and GMAT to stand a chance, unless you've got amazing other application segments or are high above the range in the other statistic to compensate.

http://poetsandquants.com/2012/03/27/gp ... to-get-in/

See my debrief below:

http://gmatclub.com/forum/770-q49-v47-6-0-awa-on-my-first-try-debrief-132303.html

Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 234

Re: Min GMAT scores for the top 10 US Business Schools [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2012, 15:38
It doesn't really matter if you are from under represented Minor,country,section of society etc. But if you are Indian,Chinese,Engineering Major,IT-male then make sure you have that 730+ to be safe.

Don't get excited looking at the class profile,bcz stats. hide more than they reveal.e.g Tuck School says the range is from 570-infinite but that 570 might be President of Some under represented country,not exactly but you got my point.

Just my 2 ¢.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q V
GPA: 3.22
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 16

Re: Min GMAT scores for the top 10 US Business Schools [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2012, 16:01
arkle wrote:
It doesn't really matter if you are from under represented Minor,country,section of society etc. But if you are Indian,Chinese,Engineering Major,IT-male then make sure you have that 730+ to be safe.

Don't get excited looking at the class profile,bcz stats. hide more than they reveal.e.g Tuck School says the range is from 570-infinite but that 570 might be President of Some under represented country,not exactly but you got my point.

Just my 2 ¢.

Couldn't agree more :)

They are outliers. They are the Mother Theresas, the Gandhis of this world.

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
- T. Roosevelt

Re: Min GMAT scores for the top 10 US Business Schools   [#permalink] 08 Jun 2012, 16:01