Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 00:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Minimum wastage strategy for MBA applications

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Minimum wastage strategy for MBA applications [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2010, 00:19
Guys,

Wonder if anyone else is in situation like mine:

I want to apply to Oxford and Cambridge. Which school I ultimately attend will depend upon a great deal on if I am able to get a scholarship. Do you know if the schools inform of the scholarship decision along with the admission decision or will I have to first make a non-refundable deposit and then wait for scholarship decision? I don't want to waste too much money.

Now if I add another school to my list, say NUS Singapore, I think I can end up in a situation where I have made three deposits and am sitting and waiting for scholarship decision from all three.

Any advice on how to minimize this lost-deposit risk?

Thanks!
O.H.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Re: Minimum wastage strategy for MBA applications [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2010, 01:39
I think you should first apply to both Oxford and Cambridge before making your decision based on scholarship. Both are great schools. If you get an offer letter from both of them, then you can negotiate with the other school for a scholarship. Generally, oxford would give scholarship in that case. I have seen such a case before. Good luck!

http://www.interviewbay.com
- Get Ready For The Interview

oldhorse wrote:
Guys,

Wonder if anyone else is in situation like mine:

I want to apply to Oxford and Cambridge. Which school I ultimately attend will depend upon a great deal on if I am able to get a scholarship. Do you know if the schools inform of the scholarship decision along with the admission decision or will I have to first make a non-refundable deposit and then wait for scholarship decision? I don't want to waste too much money.

Now if I add another school to my list, say NUS Singapore, I think I can end up in a situation where I have made three deposits and am sitting and waiting for scholarship decision from all three.

Any advice on how to minimize this lost-deposit risk?

Thanks!
O.H.
Re: Minimum wastage strategy for MBA applications   [#permalink] 29 Sep 2010, 01:39