Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Jul 2015, 17:07
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Minor GMAT Improvement - Should I send in the score?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 0

Minor GMAT Improvement - Should I send in the score? [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2010, 13:38
I just re-took the GMAT and my score improved by 10 points from 660 to 670, not really that significant.

I have been waitlisted at Georgetown and interviewed at Ross and waiting on a couple of top 20 schools. I did send in an additional recommendation and a letter of interest into Georgetown.

What are your thoughts on sending in the updated score report to Ross and other schools? Would it make a difference?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: LBS, INSEAD, IMD, ISB - Anything with just 1 yr program.
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 22

Re: Minor GMAT Improvement - Should I send in the score? [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2010, 14:18
balboa wrote:
I just re-took the GMAT and my score improved by 10 points from 660 to 670, not really that significant.

I have been waitlisted at Georgetown and interviewed at Ross and waiting on a couple of top 20 schools. I did send in an additional recommendation and a letter of interest into Georgetown.

What are your thoughts on sending in the updated score report to Ross and other schools? Would it make a difference?

If you are really passionate, you shouldn't leave any stone unturned. No matter it is useful or not, you should always give your best shot. Send your updated scores and always keep a convincing reason for what you do.

I am AWESOME and it's gonna be LEGENDARY!!!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Schools: University of Chicago, Columbia, Wharton, Stanford, Harvard, Cornell, NYU, Duke, Indiana
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 94 [0], given: 0

Re: Minor GMAT Improvement - Should I send in the score? [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2010, 14:40
balboa wrote:

Hi balboa,

Although your score improved marginally, I think it's more important to focus on the fact that you put in the effort to improve it.

Schools waitlist you because they liked your application but aren't completely sure they can admit you. Think of a waitlist as an invitation to demonstrate your interest as well as any improvements in your profile that make you an even stronger candidate than since you applied. In your case, the GMAT score might not have improved by much, but you put in the effort. Position your improved score as a demonstration of your strong interest in the program. Same thing for the additional letter of recommendation, as well as a personal interest letter that shows both strong interest and profile improvements. In fact, don't send it just to the schools you have been waitlisted at; send it to the schools you are waiting on too. An interested and highly qualified candidate is every school's dream!

Email us at mbaconsult@mymbaadmit.com if you would like to learn more, especially about our very affordable Waitlist Consultation. Check out our Volume Discounts and Applications Packages!

My MBA Admit
Khyati Soparkar, Lead Consultant
MBA Admissions Consultants
New York, NY

Contact us for a Free Initial Consultation

Just starting the MBA application process? Our Candidate Profiling and School Selection report is currently offered for $100 only! This 10-page report conducts a multidimensional profile evaluation, and provides you with a comprehensive list of business schools that match. Click to Find Out More!

MBAConsult@MyMBAAdmit.com

Read the My MBA Admit Blog

Follow My MBA Admit on Twitter and Facebook!

Re: Minor GMAT Improvement - Should I send in the score?   [#permalink] 19 Feb 2010, 14:40