Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:38 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [5]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare
WE:Consulting (Health Care)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Re: MIT Sloan Fellows 2016 [#permalink]
Kudos
Accepted as well - exciting!! Fully endorse braceman's recommendations above - good luck to everyone else applying. Have a great xmas everyone :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats Seadog!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Braceman wrote:
Received acceptance today! Very excited!

Since these posts will be read by others in future years as they prepare to apply, here is some good information:

Registered interest in program (website): June 2014
Official classroom visit at MIT: October 30
Submitted application (Round 1): November 5
Received interview invitation (email): December 5
Interview (Skype): December 12
Admitted (email): December 22

I highly recommend the official classroom visit. I found it to be the best way to find out about the program and got to know some of the members of the admissions committee and fellows of the current class. Having visited in person allowed some of us to be interviewed earlier than usual, which is a great advantage, especially if you are applying to other programs, such as Stanford MSx which admits in December as well.

Good luck to all, and have a great Christmas!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Here is an interesting bit of information that may make some that have not heard yet feel a little better - The individuals that got accepted already received a congratulations email from the director and it contained a link with a video from the current class expressing their congratulations. As of last night, the number of views of the video was 7. If this is any indication to how many people were accepted already, that is not very many. Which is great for all those who are waiting for interviews still. I am sure there were some that got accepted that did not watch the video, but at least it's a comforting statistic.

Good luck to all those who are yet to be interviewed in January and February!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think that interview invites have gone out to only those candidates who were to be interviewed on Skype.

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
The program definitely follows the admission process outlined on the website; the few admits of december seem to be limited to those who have visited & had an early application in. I confirmed my enrollment today.... Sure looking forward to it!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
Do they send regret mail as well? It's been a while I have submitted app but haven't heard anything from them.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
This information might be helpful for the second round applicants planning to have their interview on-campus . When I accessed the on-campus interview calendar that I received back in December, I noticed that the Adcom made some updates to it recently . As per December 30 , 2014 there were 27 open interview slots planned between Jan 12th and Jan 27th. The latest update shows 23 remaining open interview slots still planned for the same period. No on-campus interviews are planned for February yet based on that calendar. Best of luck to all applicants waiting for an interview or a decision.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Great point SF16pro. I forgot about that calendar. I just checked now and there are 22 spots left in January. It will be kind of fun to put a number every few days just to let people know.

According to my interviewer, January is still first round interviews. That's good news for those who have not heard yet. Round 2 will be interviewed in February and March.

Good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
How to access this? Can you please provide the link.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Everyone.

I am also a candidate for SF2016. Submitted my application right on the last day of the 1st deadline, Nov 17th. Received my interview email yesterday, and have booked an appointment in Singapore in a couple of weeks. I am from the Philippines.

Congratulations to those who've been interviewed and accepted! Good luck to the rest of us in waiting.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats to all admitted and good luck to all of you still in progress.

I was admitted on Dec, 30. :)

I've created a LinkedIn group for the ones admitted so we can start networking and knowing each other before april orientation.

Just search Groups with the keywords "MIT Sloan Fellows Class of 2016" (couldn't post the link here - sorry) or send me a msg and I will reply with the link.

best regards and happy 2015.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any one from India received the interview call. i Applied on Nov 17th yet to receive any info on the same.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
I have applied from India, havent heard anything. What's your background like?
Thx.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
Schools: IIM Calcutta - Class of 2001
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Folks,
I applied from India towards end of Round1 - got an interview invite on Dec 31st. Scheduled for 16th Jan - Looks like they have 3-4 slots daily running for 5 days, 13th-17th Jan. And most of them filled (4 still free) - probably indicates about 10-15 have invites so far... Or they could just have fewer slots on some days. Would be nice if we get an idea of how many.

All the best to all who are in the process!

Cheers,
Ram
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, Folks,
I submitted my application by R2 (January 5th) and only received the following letter from MIT admission office this morning. Did you all receive this?

"Thank you for submitting your application to the MIT Sloan Fellows Program in Innovation and Global Leadership. Our records indicate that you have submitted all of the required materials. Your application is now complete.

We are currently reviewing applications. Interviews are by invitation only and will take place between January and early March. Should you be selected for an interview, you will receive an invitation via email.

Due to the volume of applications we receive, we appreciate your patience during this time period.

Regards,
MIT Sloan Fellows Admissions Team "
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Snowbird: The note you have below is the standard response they give confirming that your application is complete. I got this exact email a few days after I submitted (and I imagine everyone else did as well).

I applied Round 1 on the date of the deadline (Nov 17) and it has pretty much radio silence since then (with the exception of the "completed application" confirmation). Are others in this situation? I am a US-based applicant.

While I know they mentioned interviews will be happening all the way until early March, so I'm not too concerned (yet), but just wanted to see if other first rounders were experiencing something similar.

Congrats to those on the board already getting admission, and good luck to all others in the process!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts