Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 11:12 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 11:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: MIT Sloan Fellows: (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]
onyecc wrote:
Calling on new admits to join the MIT Sloan Fellows Class of 2017 LinkedIn group....Thanks Swesloan for the move. Cheers

Dear All,

I suggest creating a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for all admits only, which would be instant communication as we prepare to join the program. There will be various subjects related to pre-requirements, medical records, visa etc.... and we can update the group as information gets available.
I know that last year SF16 were on https://gmatclub.com/chat and it really helped.

Best

Ashish
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Congrats to all admitted!

I got my invite for the interview on 30th Dec, looking forward to attending mine in coming weeks.

As per shared schedule, it seems Admission Team's international travel will finish by 24th Jan, so we should hear final results after that. But it is possible even decided candidates will go through another round with Director as has been the case with selected ones in the month of December.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hmm... ashishaim, your suggestion for a whatsup group will be great. Folks will be able to get updates instantly and share ideas without having to log-in an app. However, the LinkedIn group created by Swesloan provides additional insight to our backgrounds. Guess what! I started thinking through some IT tech initiatives we can collaboratively pull through while in MIT and its all because I learnt about his years of superb IT experience. So guys, both platforms are worth exploring!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
onyecc wrote:
Hmm... ashishaim, your suggestion for a whatsup group will be great. Folks will be able to get updates instantly and share ideas without having to log-in an app. However, the LinkedIn group created by Swesloan provides additional insight to our backgrounds. Guess what! I started thinking through some IT tech initiatives we can collaboratively pull through while in MIT and its all because I learnt about his years of superb IT experience. So guys, both platforms are worth exploring!

I am fine with whatever. However if you ask my pref, I'd suggest https://gmatclub.com/chat group for after april orientation. The point is to start "collaborating" as soon as possible and not dwell too much on the platform at this stage.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Can't believe this!! This thread is flowing with so many admission updates. but our stats shows only 7 applicants in R1 of which 1 is interviewed and none admitted. :( It's humble request to all applicants to add Sloan Fellows program to your profile and set your latest application status.

Congrats to all Sloan Fellows Admits!! :clap:

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Swesloan wrote:
onyecc wrote:

I am fine with whatever. However if you ask my pref, I'd suggest https://gmatclub.com/chat group for after april orientation. The point is to start "collaborating" as soon as possible and not dwell too much on the platform at this stage.

Swesloan, even I am fine with any. My view was based on convenience as well as some may not be ready yet to put this critical update on their linkedin profile. (I'm one of those)
onyecc, dont worry we will have lot of opportunities to gain insights into fellows background.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
Can't believe this!! This thread is flowing with so many admission updates. but our stats shows only 7 applicants in R1 of which 1 is interviewed and none admitted. :( It's humble request to all applicants to add Sloan Fellows program to your profile and set your latest application status.

Congrats to all Sloan Fellows Admits!! :clap:

I attempted to update it twice on my device. Its not updating the tables real time.

Details for me:
Admitted in R1.
application submitted: 28th sep, invited to interview:07th dec, interview 1 :14th dec, interview 2: 22nd december, admit decision: 30th dec
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ashishaim wrote:
Swesloan wrote:
onyecc wrote:

Swesloan, even I am fine with any. My view was based on convenience as well as some may not be ready yet to put this critical update on their linkedin profile. (I'm one of those)
onyecc, dont worry we will have lot of opportunities to gain insights into fellows background.

Aha. Ok. You dont have to add it to your LI profile. You can just join the group and hide it from your visible LI profile so noone will know that you are a member of this group.

I respect that you dont to be visible with this right now.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Concentration: Human Resources, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE:Human Resources (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Congratulations to Swesloan, onyecc, ashishaim, RufforBP, weilansejames, SFSege for the admit! Take a break now - you all deserve it :) :)

My interview is on Monday, 11th Jan'16 in Cambridge. Will keep you all posted on how it goes.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aimtoteach wrote:
Congratulations to Swesloan, onyecc, ashishaim, RufforBP, weilansejames, SFSege for the admit! Take a break now - you all deserve it :) :)

My interview is on Monday, 11th Jan'16 in Cambridge. Will keep you all posted on how it goes.

All the best aimtoteach. Good luck & keep us posted on how it goes.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Swesloan wrote:
aimtoteach wrote:

All the best aimtoteach. Good luck & keep us posted on how it goes.

Best wishes aimtoteach, keep us posted.....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Aimtoteach,

The best of luck with your interview!

The admissions staff is really down to earth and a pleasure to work with! You will hit it out Fenway! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ashishaim wrote:
Swesloan wrote:
onyecc wrote:

SF'17 admits - Self, onyecc, ashishaim, RufforBP and weilansejames & BostonTechGal are now connected on "https://gmatclub.com/chat" and have started to collaborate. I have Private Messaged most of those admitted asking you for your mobile numbers ( assuming that all of you have "https://gmatclub.com/chat") - if you are interested to connect and share - please reply to my PM by sharing your mobile number with me. For those that do get their decisions later on during Jan-April and are interested in being connected with the rest of the admitted '17 fellows are also welcome to share their mobile numbers through a PM to me. I will add you to the group subsequently and also make you the group admin. Looking forward to connecting with the admits soon.

Originally posted by Swesloan on 06 Jan 2016, 13:41.
Last edited by Swesloan on 09 Jan 2016, 00:17, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [1]
Given Kudos: 62
Concentration: Human Resources, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE:Human Resources (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
Thank you BostonTechGal :)

All the best for your result - fingers crossed...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I have been accepted to the MIT Sloan Fellows Program! I am over the moon with excitement and joy! :-D

Good luck to everyone who is waiting to interview, or awaiting notification!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BostonTechGal wrote:
I have been accepted to the MIT Sloan Fellows Program! I am over the moon with excitement and joy! :-D

Good luck to everyone who is waiting to interview, or awaiting notification!

Excellent news BostonTechGal. Many many congratulations. Welcome to the admit club. :-) Talk to you on https://gmatclub.com/chat soon!

Originally posted by Swesloan on 07 Jan 2016, 12:26.
Last edited by Swesloan on 09 Jan 2016, 00:18, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I have just recieved the admission notification via e-mail.
Good luck to all others.
Cheers,
ats2
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts