Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Jul 2014, 20:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Molson (Concordia U) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 587

Kudos [?]: 2118 [0], given: 679

Molson (Concordia U) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2013, 11:02
Expert's post
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
WE: Information Technology (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Molson (Concordia U) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2014, 10:45
Hello everyone,

I just submitted my application. Anybody got an admission yet?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 600 Q46 V28
GPA: 3.4
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)

Re: Molson (Concordia U) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2014, 02:28
alhawsom wrote:
Hello everyone,

Hey alhawsom,

I got an admit 15 days back.My profile is GMAT 600, 4 years of experience in O&G industry as Project and Operations Manager.... I need to give a final confirmation by 1st March....
Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Molson (Concordia U) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2014, 09:58
rahulbanerjee33 wrote:
alhawsom wrote:
Hello everyone,

Hey alhawsom,

I got an admit 15 days back.My profile is GMAT 600, 4 years of experience in O&G industry as Project and Operations Manager.... I need to give a final confirmation by 1st March....

Congratulations on your admission rahulbanerjee33. How long did it take them to reach a decision?
Intern
Intern

Re: Molson (Concordia U) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2014, 21:50
alhawsom wrote:
rahulbanerjee33 wrote:
alhawsom wrote:
Hello everyone,

Hey alhawsom,

Congratulations on your admission rahulbanerjee33. How long did it take them to reach a decision?

Almost about a month... When did you submit it and whats ur profile?
Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Molson (Concordia U) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2014, 22:40
rahulbanerjee33 wrote:

I submitted my application on the 9th of February but they still haven't received my transcript, which was sent on the 2nd. My profile: GMAT 590, 5 years in IT as SAP system administrator, graduated with Computer Science from the University of Calgary in Canada. Are you going to take the offer?
Intern
Intern

Re: Molson (Concordia U) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2014, 22:55
alhawsom wrote:
rahulbanerjee33 wrote:

I submitted my application on the 9th of February but they still haven't received my transcript, which was sent on the 2nd. My profile: GMAT 590, 5 years in IT as SAP system administrator, graduated with Computer Science from the University of Calgary in Canada. Are you going to take the offer?

Umm.. Am still to decide on that... I have an admission offer from Simon Fraser, McMaster and Concordia University... I need to take a decision by the 1st of March.... How come you didnt apply to the University of Alberta??
Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Molson (Concordia U) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2014, 04:49
rahulbanerjee33 wrote:
alhawsom wrote:
rahulbanerjee33 wrote:

Umm.. Am still to decide on that... I have an admission offer from Simon Fraser, McMaster and Concordia University... I need to take a decision by the 1st of March.... How come you didnt apply to the University of Alberta??

I think Concordia is a better school, and I didn't like Edmonton at all. I'm also still waiting on a response from a couple more universities.
Intern
Intern

Re: Molson (Concordia U) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2014, 05:40
I think Concordia is a better school, and I didn't like Edmonton at all. I'm also still waiting on a response from a couple more universities.[/quote]

Yeah but there is this French connection and the knowledge I have of French is nada... Also Vancouver is a better (I know more costlier too) place to live in than Montreal.... Lets see... Still got a little time to decide.... What other universities are you expecting a response from???
Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Molson (Concordia U) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2014, 20:30
rahulbanerjee33 wrote:
I think Concordia is a better school, and I didn't like Edmonton at all. I'm also still waiting on a response from a couple more universities.

Yeah but there is this French connection and the knowledge I have of French is nada... Also Vancouver is a better (I know more costlier too) place to live in than Montreal.... Lets see... Still got a little time to decide.... What other universities are you expecting a response from???[/quote]

I already applied to McGill and the University of Toronto. I'm also planning to apply to York and University of Calgary too.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 570 Q46 V22
GPA: 3.25

Re: Molson (Concordia U) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2014, 10:19
Hi everyone,
I got 570 today in my Gmat test. I know score is less than the minimum required by john molson but could I still apply and take a chance or I should just retake gmat.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.65
WE: Advertising (Advertising and PR)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Molson (Concordia U) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2014, 18:58
montreal123 wrote:
Hi everyone,
I got 570 today in my Gmat test. I know score is less than the minimum required by john molson but could I still apply and take a chance or I should just retake gmat.

I think most of the people will tell you to retake it. However every profile is different... I had the same doubt with my score 600 so I make and appointment at the University and talked about my application with a representative, she told me that because everything else was strong to leave it like that, and I got accepted.

I think they're the only ones that might give you an inform answer but at the end it's your decision.

Book an appointment http://johnmolson.concordia.ca/en/gradu ... ppointment
Contact us http://johnmolson.concordia.ca/en/gradu ... contact-us
Intern
Intern

Re: Molson (Concordia U) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2014, 07:25
HI Everyone,
Anybody else who admitted to JMSB would like to share his/her profile? I contacted JMSB admission committee to find if they will accept my application as I got only 570 in GMAT and have to wait for another 30 days to retake it but so far none responded I guess they are closed for Easter holidays. But I can see from the above data that few people applied with GMAT score 570 but have no idea idea they got admission or not. I am even ready for conditional acceptance and once I would retake and submit my scores with scores above 590 they can confirm my admission but I have no idea at this point if they really are that helpful
Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Molson (Concordia U) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2014, 11:54
montreal123 wrote:
HI Everyone,
Anybody else who admitted to JMSB would like to share his/her profile? I contacted JMSB admission committee to find if they will accept my application as I got only 570 in GMAT and have to wait for another 30 days to retake it but so far none responded I guess they are closed for Easter holidays. But I can see from the above data that few people applied with GMAT score 570 but have no idea idea they got admission or not. I am even ready for conditional acceptance and once I would retake and submit my scores with scores above 590 they can confirm my admission but I have no idea at this point if they really are that helpful

I don't know if that is possible, but now that Easter is over try contacting again by email, because they're really helpful. Maybe you can start the application process without sending that GMAT exam, but that way they can start reviewing your dossier.
Intern
Intern

Re: Molson (Concordia U) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2014, 12:01
gmatsilvia wrote:

I don't know if that is possible, but now that Easter is over try contacting again by email, because they're really helpful. Maybe you can start the application process without sending that GMAT exam, but that way they can start reviewing your dossier.

Thanks alot gmatsilvia they replied me today that they forwarded my email to someone and they will contact me soon, I am also thinking same I should start my application and wait for their answer and in case they will ask me to retake the exam I will do that after may 15 as by then I would able to retake the exam.
Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Molson (Concordia U) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2014, 12:08
Thanks alot gmatsilvia they replied me today that they forwarded my email to someone and they will contact me soon, I am also thinking same I should start my application and wait for their answer and in case they will ask me to retake the exam I will do that after may 15 as by then I would able to retake the exam.[/quote]

That way you'll also have a student ID, and communications would be easier.
Intern
Intern

Re: Molson (Concordia U) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2014, 12:57
gmatsilvia wrote:
Thanks alot gmatsilvia they replied me today that they forwarded my email to someone and they will contact me soon, I am also thinking same I should start my application and wait for their answer and in case they will ask me to retake the exam I will do that after may 15 as by then I would able to retake the exam.

That way you'll also have a student ID, and communications would be easier.[/quote]
I already have one :D Actually I applied to Concordia's masters in computer science a year ago and even got offer letter but later I changed my mind to do MBA as it would help me in transition of my career also. To get admitted to Concordia technical department is way easier than MBA
Intern
Intern

Re: Molson (Concordia U) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2014, 13:26
So they replied me today, but it was unclear what they want to say the lady who is incharge of admission process told me to apply as soon as possible but also adviced me to retake Gmat and even said that they can wait for new Gmat score even after deadline. She also said that average applicants has 630 gmat score which I doubt as so far all applicants score either 600 or less in this forum. Well I am going to apply right now and then prepare for one more month and try my luck once again.
Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Molson (Concordia U) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2014, 18:03
montreal123 wrote:
So they replied me today, but it was unclear what they want to say the lady who is incharge of admission process told me to apply as soon as possible but also adviced me to retake Gmat and even said that they can wait for new Gmat score even after deadline. She also said that average applicants has 630 gmat score which I doubt as so far all applicants score either 600 or less in this forum. Well I am going to apply right now and then prepare for one more month and try my luck once again.

Remember that the Av is taken from the previous class, and that they´re only 8 applicants in this forum.
Good luck!! And remember to use all the free mock exams and trials, variety will make the month go faster.
Intern
Intern

Re: Molson (Concordia U) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2014, 18:36
gmatsilvia wrote:
Remember that the Av is taken from the previous class, and that they´re only 8 applicants in this forum.
Good luck!! And remember to use all the free mock exams and trials, variety will make the month go faster.

With me its different story I do better at home than at test center. My major weakness is verbal, I scored 46 on quant in last test but only 23 in verbal . I an mot native English speaker that could be the reason for low verbal score. I am pretty sure if I work little hard I can increase my quant from 46 to 49 at max but what about verbal is there a way I can add atleast 5 points to it :roll:
Re: Molson (Concordia U) Class of 2016 - Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 23 Apr 2014, 18:36