Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 17:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

More Kaplan fun

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

More Kaplan fun [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2006, 08:02
I've just registered on this site and will be taking the GMAT in a month. I purchased Kaplan a few weeks ago thinking that all GMAT prep was the same. I took the CAT1 and got a 600, which I now realze isn't too bad after reading a few posts on this board. However, regardless of how I did, everyone seems to think Kaplan CATs are a joke. While this seems to be the consensus on the board, what about the books practice questions or cd practice quizes. Is there any worth in any Kaplan GMAT prep or should I switch while I still have time?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Same here [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2006, 17:19
I had the same experience. Last night I got my butt kicked by the Kaplan CAT - a 620 after doing better on the individual practice tests. I couldn't believe some of the questions it asked! I would look at the answers, the steps required to solve, and say "that would take even the brightest person about 5 minutes to solve." It seemed to me the trick was all in knowing how to solve the problem from the beginning, then executing. I just am not at the point yet where I can recognize the best method to solve right away. I would be interested to hear others' replies on this question, as I see a lot on the OG and am considering buying a copy...
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2006, 19:50
you have to realise that Kaplan CATs scores are supposedly 100 or so points less than actual score..
thus getting a 620 is pretty good!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2006, 07:40
jeg1015, thanks for your reply. How have you been doing on the practice tests? I've just started but want to know what someone else thinks about them so I'm not stuck in the Kaplan bubble.
  [#permalink] 09 Aug 2006, 07:40