Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 08:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

More RC study beneficial/necessary?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

More RC study beneficial/necessary? [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2012, 23:24
Hey guys I recently began my preparations for an early September GMAT. I started the RC section yesterday and worked through all the passages in the OG12 and the OG12 Verbal. I finished with about 95% correct on each book, most of these coming from "easy" passages where I made a few casual mistakes. I have the Manhattan GMAT RC guide but barely read it because I took the LSAT a few years ago and prepped for that intensely. I'm also a third year law student so I have read a lot of dense material during my time at school.

I guess my question is, should I go ahead and buy another GMAT supplement with non-official RC passages to practice more? I am considering just ending my RC studying (after only 2 days). I am very confident in my reading ability and timing even though I don't use a 'strategy'. Is there enough material for free online that I can just occasionally use to brush up my skills or are practice exams enough to keep me on my toes? My quantitative skills are definitely not as sharp as my verbal but I really need a stellar GMAT score to mack up for a lackluster GPA. Thanks for your help and the new layout looks great.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Project Management Professional (PMP)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: More RC study beneficial/necessary? [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2012, 20:00
motedust wrote:
Hey guys I recently began my preparations for an early September GMAT. I started the RC section yesterday and worked through all the passages in the OG12 and the OG12 Verbal. I finished with about 95% correct on each book, most of these coming from "easy" passages where I made a few casual mistakes. I have the Manhattan GMAT RC guide but barely read it because I took the LSAT a few years ago and prepped for that intensely. I'm also a third year law student so I have read a lot of dense material during my time at school.

I guess my question is, should I go ahead and buy another GMAT supplement with non-official RC passages to practice more? I am considering just ending my RC studying (after only 2 days). I am very confident in my reading ability and timing even though I don't use a 'strategy'. Is there enough material for free online that I can just occasionally use to brush up my skills or are practice exams enough to keep me on my toes? My quantitative skills are definitely not as sharp as my verbal but I really need a stellar GMAT score to mack up for a lackluster GPA. Thanks for your help and the new layout looks great.

Hi thr

As per my opinion you should be more active on quant now.. also depends when you are writing GMAT.

Meanwhile, you can practice RC once in a while using several online RC resources available. All the best

Best
Vaibhav

If you found my contribution helpful, please click the +1 Kudos button on the left, Thanks

Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q V
GPA: 3.22
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 16

Re: More RC study beneficial/necessary? [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2012, 20:04
motedust wrote:

I think you're doing good with RC and CR.

How about SC?

Why don't you take a GMAT CAT first so you know where you are and where you want to go? :)

Just a friendly advice.

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
- T. Roosevelt

Expert Post
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 207

Kudos [?]: 306 [0], given: 5

Re: More RC study beneficial/necessary? [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2012, 20:52
Expert's post
You look to be in good shape on RC given your OG performance and your intense study for LSAT. You may get enough continued practice on RC from your practice exams, especially if those exams give you some data about your performance on RC (MGMAT CATs give full diagnostic results - http://www.manhattangmat.com/storeitems ... 57&catid=1).

If you feel like you need a bit more practice, you might want to pick up an old OG (OG 10 is super cheap on Amazon) and run through a passage every week or two.

KW

Kyle Widdison | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | Utah

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile

Re: More RC study beneficial/necessary?   [#permalink] 09 Jun 2012, 20:52