Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 06:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

More verbal exercises?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
More verbal exercises? [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2011, 08:58
Hey guys...
I noticed that there are tons of exercises for math (25 sets in the Gmat Club Test section alone). However, I need more exercises for the verbal section because I have already done the Manhattan Gmat Verbal stuff and the official guides. The issue I am having are the varying qualities of questions. I can't do the 1000 toughest Gmat SC questions because often the OA is not verified and I don't have the time to read through 5 pages of explanations and guesses. The Kaplan material I encounter also doesn't meet the quality standard I was hoping for... So what I need are more exercises form trusted sources... Any recommendations? Thanks!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Math Forum Moderator
Followers: 126

Kudos [?]: 876 [0], given: 376

GMAT Tests User
Re: More verbal exercises? [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2011, 09:13
heyholetsgo wrote:
Hey guys...
I noticed that there are tons of exercises for math (25 sets in the Gmat Club Test section alone). However, I need more exercises for the verbal section because I have already done the Manhattan Gmat Verbal stuff and the official guides. The issue I am having are the varying qualities of questions. I can't do the 1000 toughest Gmat SC questions because often the OA is not verified and I don't have the time to read through 5 pages of explanations and guesses. The Kaplan material I encounter also doesn't meet the quality standard I was hoping for... So what I need are more exercises form trusted sources... Any recommendations? Thanks!

OG12/Verbal Review
Aristotle RC99/SC Grail
Brutal SC
GMAC Paper Tests(No explanation)
Aristotle CR

Guess, that's more than enough.

~fluke

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: More verbal exercises? [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2011, 14:35
Like I said, I did the OG and the Verbal review and I don't like the Gmat Club Brutal questions, because the explanations are often very lengthy, unclear and/or disputed...
But I didn't know Aristotle RC99/SC Grail, so thanks for that... Any other recommendations for Verbal exercises?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 62

GMAT Tests User
Re: More verbal exercises? [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2011, 08:56
heyholetsgo wrote:
Hey guys...

Did you review all the explanations for all the 5 options in every question of OG esp. Verbal including ones you got right ?

If so and have internalized the pattern, you do not need anything else....Just review the concepts/questions, try GC/BTG questions and write practice tests with proper review...

Labor cost for typing this post >= Labor cost for pushing the Kudos Button
kudos-what-are-they-and-why-we-have-them-94812.html

Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: More verbal exercises? [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2011, 04:26
What's GC/BTG? And again, which Verbal tests from third party publishers do you recommend? I don't want to study material that contradicts the OG or has unclear answers..
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 62

GMAT Tests User
Re: More verbal exercises? [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2011, 08:07
heyholetsgo wrote:
What's GC/BTG?.

For the uninitiated,GC is GMATClub - The forum right here were you are posting your questions expecting a good answer.
BTG is "beatthegmat" - A reputed test prep similar to GC, but having many more experts...
Both send out questions daily by email if you subscribe.
Also there are 25/30 GC Maths tests and 6 Verbal GC Tests at http://gmatclub.com/tests/
heyholetsgo wrote:
And again, which Verbal tests from third party publishers do you recommend?

OG/GMATPrep
heyholetsgo wrote:
I don't want to study material that contradicts the OG or has unclear answers..

Yes there are materials that contradict OG, but for Quant it is always better to check other sources...

Labor cost for typing this post >= Labor cost for pushing the Kudos Button
kudos-what-are-they-and-why-we-have-them-94812.html

Re: More verbal exercises?   [#permalink] 08 Aug 2011, 08:07