Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 00:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Most interesting recommender excuses

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 5

Most interesting recommender excuses [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2010, 20:18
I think many of us have been in that situation where you are desperately trying to reach your recommenders, trying to highlight how much the MBA means to you, and how important those App deadlines are. And all that happens is after a while the recommenders fall of the grid, ala John Connor in T3, and you cannot reach them via e-mail, phone, or any other means of communication. Eventually when you succeed, and hint WTF they haven't return your million calls, billion e-mails, etc., you here these:

• No signal on cell phone, I have been in the basement all this while.
  • I gotta call you back, my phone is running out of battery, as we speak.......disconnected, please try your call agin later
  • Me neighbors dog hid the cell phone charger.
  • I reached my E-mail quota months ago, now it filters out 'certain' e-mails.
  • My cat deleted everyone from my contact list, and I do not accept any unknown calls.

Add your favorite ones!
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS (R2), Stanford (R2), Columbia (RD-ding), Booth (R2)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 1

Re: Most interesting recommender excuses [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2010, 06:48
"I got the recommendation form in August and the deadline was in September... How about I submit in a week (keep in mind that it's November now!)"
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton, Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Harvard, Stanford
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 101 [0], given: 13

Re: Most interesting recommender excuses [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2010, 07:08
"Sorry for te typos tis keyboard sucks so it to me twice as lon to churn tis out. I ave to copy and paste each h, g, comma......."

I literally got this from my third Harvard recommender an hour ago after total silence for two weeks.

She's traveling in southeast Asia, though, so I'm sure it's true and I still appreciate her effort. But it hardly inspires confidence.
Director
Director
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 90 [0], given: 25

Re: Most interesting recommender excuses [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2010, 07:24
lol!
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS (R2), Stanford (R2), Columbia (RD-ding), Booth (R2)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 1

Re: Most interesting recommender excuses [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2010, 07:29
Unbelievable. What kills me (in my case) was how enthousiasme my recommenders were. Yet, when came time to drill those recos in, it was clearly not the case :)
Current Student
Schools: MIT Sloan 2012
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Re: Most interesting recommender excuses [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2010, 07:38
My recommenders sit right across from me at work. I just had to walk over and threatened them

J/K, they were so enthusiased and eager to help me out. I guess I was one of the lucky ones

Another recommender was from my previous company. Due to unforseen circumstances, I had to add him as a replacement recommender with only 2 weeks to spare. He completed the recommendation in two days....
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton, Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Harvard, Stanford
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 101 [0], given: 13

Re: Most interesting recommender excuses [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2010, 07:44
triple5soul wrote:
Unbelievable. What kills me (in my case) was how enthousiasme my recommenders were.

Going Frenchy on us, triple5? :-D
Re: Most interesting recommender excuses   [#permalink] 14 Jan 2010, 07:44