Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 14:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MS Finance 2014

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

Re: MS Finance 2014 [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2014, 07:57
goelnaman wrote:
Hi all,
I ve got an offer from LSE for MSc in Acc & Fin. I am a student from India and am also pursuing CFA (level 2 due in June 2014). Can anyone please tell me about the career prospects for Indian students in UK after doing the program?

Thanks in advance

I think London is even harder for an international. That being said, LSE is one of the best programs there and even if you can't find work in London you will be able to go back to India or another country with a well recognized masters.

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: MS Finance 2014 [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2014, 10:46
Hi
I've recently been admitted into Whitman (Syracuse University) with a one year scholarship and UB Business school (SUNY Buffalo). I intend to do MS Finance. Could someone please let me know which is a better school. Placement and recruitment opportunities are a major criteria.
Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS MIF '17

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: MS Finance 2014 [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2014, 03:27
UCB and MIT , I only see Financial Engineering courses i.e for people with skills in math.

Isn't that correct or am I missing something?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

MS Finance 2014 [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2014, 00:48
jayaramnitk wrote:
UCB and MIT , I only see Financial Engineering courses i.e for people with skills in math.

Isn't that correct or am I missing something?

Yes you are partially correct. UCB is financially math oriented whereas MIT is not,if we look at MIT'S MS in finance curriculum its one of the programs which is very well balanced.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

Re: MS Finance 2014 [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2014, 20:11
smatt19 wrote:
Hi
I've recently been admitted into Whitman (Syracuse University) with a one year scholarship and UB Business school (SUNY Buffalo). I intend to do MS Finance. Could someone please let me know which is a better school. Placement and recruitment opportunities are a major criteria.
Thanks.

I'd probably do Whitman because of the brand name of Syracuse over UB. Plus you are around 4 hours or so from NYC so you can at least get to the city within a morning and a cheap bus ride.

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Re: MS Finance 2014   [#permalink] 11 Oct 2014, 20:11