Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 07:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

[Urgent] MS in Finance from Univeristy of Michigan-Dearborn

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[Urgent] MS in Finance from Univeristy of Michigan-Dearborn [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2012, 21:05
I am from Hong Kong who has worked in the banking industry for almost 5 years by now after graduating from a Hong Kong university with a Actuarial Science major.

I have recently submitted a last minute application to the University of Michigan-Deaborn, MS in Finance programme and got accepted. When I say last minute, it is really within a few days..... So now, I am struggling on whether I should accept this offer as I don't know what is the reputation of this course (and it is a bit hard to find relevant information on the web...) given current workload from my job is actually quite heavy, therefore I want to make sure I am investing both money and time in something that worth.

I will have to make a decision within next week, therefore I would like to seek all your help to advise what do you think about this course, and how does the market perceive this course.... Thanks!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.91

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: [Urgent] MS in Finance from Univeristy of Michigan-Dearborn [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2012, 06:34
I'm in the same boat as you. I also got accepted into the MS Finance program at U of Michigan-Dearborn. The way I've been thinking about the value of the degree is that although the program itself isn't well known, at least it benefits from the strong reputation of the University of Michigan. With that said, it isn't on the main campus, so it doesn't benefit from the Ross reputation and on campus recruiting isn't going to be as strong.

I'm not too worried about not getting great recruiting since I have no intentions of leaving my current employer in the near future. I'm currently trying to decide between the finance programs at Michigan and Penn State.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

Re: [Urgent] MS in Finance from Univeristy of Michigan-Dearborn [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2012, 21:05
Indiana has an online MSF also. Might want to look into that.

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.91

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: [Urgent] MS in Finance from Univeristy of Michigan-Dearborn [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2012, 18:49
AnthonyD1982 wrote:
Indiana has an online MSF also. Might want to look into that.

Thanks that's a good idea. I had looked at it earlier in my search but dismissed it because I saw on the website that one of the courses had to be completed on campus. Today I emailed admissions for clarification and I found out that the on campus course is only a week long, which is doable for me.

What's your take on the 3 programs? Any preference?
Re: [Urgent] MS in Finance from Univeristy of Michigan-Dearborn   [#permalink] 06 Mar 2012, 18:49