Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 16:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MS+MBA at Bentley University

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

MS+MBA at Bentley University [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2012, 01:35
Hello guys,

I have scored 640 in GMAT and have 2.5 years full time exp in IT industry as a SAP BW consultant where i lead 2projects. I actually wanted to do MBA from USA but looking at my low experience and with not a very great GMAT score i opted to apply for MIS program in USA and i did get some good admits for MIS program. Along with my application to MIS i applied to this only MBA course in Bentley which offered a dual degree option in MIS. I got admitted here with some scholarship.
The problem here is that i don't know how good this University is for MBA. As far as i know its not that popular but its pretty renowned in the North Eastern states for its IT&Business department. According to US news rankings its MBA ranking is just above 70 and MIS ranking is 14.
My aim is to get into a techno functional role in a reputed firm being a consultant/manager.
My question is MIS+MBA at Bentley a good bet or could i got into better schools with such a profile and goal?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 98

Kudos [?]: 401 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: MS+MBA at Bentley University [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2012, 05:47
Bentley is considered a regional MBA brand. If you want to stay in New England after school you can likely find a job in the area with an MBA from Bentley. However, just because a company hires Bentley grads it does not mean that they hire them for the jobs/functions you are interested in. Your best bet would be to research Bentley's placement stats in the types of companies and job roles you're looking for. Usually schools have a link on their website for you to contact them with questions. Just email them and ask about their resources and placement in your area of interest. They should be able to put you in touch with current students and alums who can tell you how they've fared.

If you can get a higher GMAT score (700+) and maybe an additional year of work experience you would have a shot at some Top 20 schools.

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Re: MS+MBA at Bentley University   [#permalink] 10 Mar 2012, 05:47