Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 12:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MS vs MBA Need to take a decision soon. Help Plz

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

MS vs MBA Need to take a decision soon. Help Plz [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2011, 13:22
Hello Everyone

Need ur help
plz treat this very important as i need to decide on this before Jan15th

I am Thomas Albert from India. Am looking forward to enroll for MBA 2013 Fall intake.
Am having 5 years of quality work experience. Am planning to do full time MS Finance program from a reputed university in US in 2012.
How does Adcom evaluate my profile if i apply to MBA program for 2013 intake soon after the completion of MS Finance program?
Does this strengthen my application or weaken my chances to get in as my 5 years of work experience will be prior to MS Finance that am planning to do.

My priority is in doing MBA. So I dont want to compromise on MBA at any cost.
I wish to do MS in Finance and later get specilisation in MBA in Strategic Management or General Mangaement.

If doing MS now will make my chances for getting into MBA later as my work ex is prior to MS Finance and i will hold no work ex after MS, then am ready to wait for one more year and apply to MBA program.

This is my profile

GMAT - 750
TOEFL - 110
Undergraduation - Bachelors in Business Management (BBM) from a reputed college in Bangalore, India.
Undergrad score - 57% (not sure how it looks in GPA)
Work Ex - 5 years in Retailing and Importing.

Preferred Universities

Duke
Texas A&M
Brigham
University Of Rochester

Thanks to all in Advance
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
MS vs MBA Need to take a decision soon. Help Plz   [#permalink] 05 Dec 2011, 13:22