Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 17:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MSc-CEMS

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

MSc-CEMS [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2010, 00:22
Hey guys,

I don't know how to start...so here goes.

I'm about to complete my studies at McGill and I am looking to do an MSc in Management. I have already applied to the MSc-CEMS at Ivey and in the process of applying to Grenoble. Yeah, the choices are odd. Well, I just didn't want to do the GMAT for now. Not that I can't do it, just that it requires discipline to sit down to prepare for it. These two schools do not necessarily require the GMAT, hence they are chosen. The CEMS program is really a big attraction as the international exposure is very wide. Ivey might require the GMAT down the road though, it's the first year that they are offering it so the GMAT is optional.

I am thinking of taking a gap year, working while studying for the GMAT. Then apply to a wider range of schools. Now this is where I am uncertain. In an event that I get admitted into Ivey and/Grenoble, should I just take it or take a gap year? I'm not really looking into the UK, I'm more interested in schools in continental Europe, preferably France or Wallonia(LSM anyone?) With the GMAT, I would be able to apply to HEC Paris, ESSEC, EMLyons and other European schools.

I'm too familiar with the UK, particularly London. Yeah, they have schools like LBS and LSE but I would like to immerse myself in an unfamiliar setting(This might run contrary to the notion of attending B-schools where networking is the most important thing.......yeah....but). Montreal is quite unfamiliar but one is still able to function just in English. That said, you would have guessed by now that I know some French and would like to somehow improve my french by throwing myself in a French environment.

Any inputs?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: MSc-CEMS [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2010, 13:14
Anyone?
Manager
Manager
Schools: LBS
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: MSc-CEMS [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2010, 13:23
I was in a similar situation last year. Trying to avoid the GMAT, I applied for a Bachelor in Management at LSE and got accepted. I started it, not very convinced this was the best option and it turned out it was not! I quitted, started working and then I took the GMAT (although my score was not very good, 650) and applied to LBS, LSE, HEC, EMLyon, ESCP, SSE and RSM and I got accepted in my first option, LBS! :) So it was worth taking the risk!

Personally, I would not go to Grenoble, hence I did not apply there. The school is good, but I do not like the fact that it is not in a big city, but you might not mind about this. So it's really up to you. I would gain some WE, read the GMAT and apply to more schools :) a 1 WE is always good and you would have a larger range of school to choose! :)
Re: MSc-CEMS   [#permalink] 09 Apr 2010, 13:23

MSc-CEMS

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap