Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 07:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

msc finance imperial or washu st.louis

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

msc finance imperial or washu st.louis [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2011, 16:44
I've been admitted in the msc finance program at washu and imperial. I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. Would really appreciate any advice on how the compare in terms of job prospects (i am an international student), program recognition. In short, which is a better program.
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 51 [2] , given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: msc finance imperial or washu st.louis [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2011, 05:25
This post received
KUDOS
Hi, menaqvi.
Have a look at FT's stats.
I'd personally choose Imperial for several reasons (especially if I weren't a charter-holder):
1) Its MSc in Finance is a CFA Partner Programme
2) Imperial is in the top 5 in the UK (and probably Europe)
3) It is in London - a place to be if you are focusing on a financial career, networking, exploring PhD opportunities, etc...

I am probably biased as 3 of the 5 places I'll be applying to are in London =)
And the other two are not that far away too =)

If you found my contribution helpful, please click the +1 Kudos button on the left, I kinda need some =)

When you give kudos, you do not lose your previously earned kudos, you rather contribute to the forum's culture of appreciation.

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: msc finance imperial or washu st.louis [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 19:05
yea, Imperial is definitely one of the best in the UK, and supposedly the school itself is known as one of the world's more prestigious universities.

Though, if you applied to WUSTL and Imperial, you may want to start thinking about what you truly want location wise out of your education. I only applied to international schools in UK and Europe because I knew I want to work somewhere in Europe. Europe and America are vastly different options... Even the UK v other European schools is very different.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: msc finance imperial or washu st.louis [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 19:25
I agree Imperial is a world renowned university, but from what i gathered, its business school is not the best in london. It comes after LSE, LBS, Warwick. At the same time the PSW option has been cancelled in the UK for international students and employment for internationals will most likely become tougher.
WUSTL is not the best program in US either, but they have a smaller class size and have had great placement in recent years. Also i believe there will be more opportunities in the US.
This is my opinion. I would appreciate any input on how the opportunities compare for internationals in the US and UK
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Re: msc finance imperial or washu st.louis [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 21:13
menaqvi wrote:
I agree Imperial is a world renowned university, but from what i gathered, its business school is not the best in london. It comes after LSE, LBS, Warwick. At the same time the PSW option has been cancelled in the UK for international students and employment for internationals will most likely become tougher.
WUSTL is not the best program in US either, but they have a smaller class size and have had great placement in recent years. Also i believe there will be more opportunities in the US.
This is my opinion. I would appreciate any input on how the opportunities compare for internationals in the US and UK

Is there no other programs besides PSW? How will international students that seem to make up a large percent of LSE and other european programs get jobs and internships in London?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: msc finance imperial or washu st.louis [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2012, 07:12
thnk for sharing !!!
Re: msc finance imperial or washu st.louis   [#permalink] 21 Sep 2012, 07:12