Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:00 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: msc finance imperial or washu st.louis [#permalink]
menaqvi wrote:
Costs aren't that much of an issue. I'm more concerned with choosing the program that helps me the most in securing job placement afterwards. Imperial has had 93% placement while washu has 97%. I like the smaller class size of washu (less than 50 admitted for the 2011 program) and I have been admitted to the new quantitative finance track. Imperial has global recognition that is not the case with washu. It would be great if anyone who has had experience in any of the programs could provide some insight.

Placement % is less important than what roles you're interested in. What area of finance do you want
Intern
Intern
Send PM
haven't quite decided yet, but probably ibd or credit risk
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi, I have also been accepted by Imperial..I think the first criteria for deciding should be your goals. Then if you are a Non-EU student, remember that the PSW visa in the UK has been cancelled. However, if I were you I would definitely go for Imperial since it has a far better brand name and the course is well designed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
ive never heard of imperial is that in the uk? i'll be attending washu's msf quant finance in the fall...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yeah imperial is in the uk, one of the top univs there, though there business school is not at par with the likes of lse,warwick.

i agree that imperial has the brand name and prestige, but its not well known for its business school.

pros Imperial: program has a lower cost than the program at washu. potential brand name, have a lot of recruitment events, placement of 93%. ideally placed in central london.

pros Washu: smaller class size. new quant finance track might give you the edge (being a new program). have placed well over the years (97% placement). 1.5 year course, so get more time to look for opportunities and spend summer in the US looking for internships.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts