Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 06:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MSc in Management: ESADE vs. EDHEC vs. CASS

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 610 Q44 V31
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

MSc in Management: ESADE vs. EDHEC vs. CASS [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2012, 03:28
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi,

currently I am in the process of applying for MSc in Management programs and await the decision of EDHEC and ESADE during the next few weeks.
Because of the fact that I just got an offer for the MSc program at CASS I would like to ask you about your opinion regarding those choices having in mind that I would like to start a career in business consulting after graduation (prefarably in Germany).

From my point of view all programs are really interesting:

1) ESADE --> very good reputation of the school and the program + possibility to learn spanish

2) CASS --> very good reputation of the school

3) EDHEC --> very good reputation of the school and closely linked with companies + double degree (Master in Management + MSc in Strategy & Organ. Consultancy)

I would be glad about any points of views / advices etc. regarding the decision I might have to face during the next weeks.

Thank you very much.

BR,

Jakob
Intern
Intern

Re: MSc in Management: ESADE vs. EDHEC vs. CASS [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 01:06
UPDATE: today I received the offer from EDHEC - so just ESADE missing from my top3.

I would really appreciate any thoughts regarding the decision (especially EDHEC vs. CASS).

Br,

Jakob
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: MSc in Management: ESADE vs. EDHEC vs. CASS [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 00:24
Hey even I have to choose between EDHEC and Cass. so what did you select?
Intern
Intern

Re: MSc in Management: ESADE vs. EDHEC vs. CASS [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 00:55
Hey,

first of all congrats to your admissions.

Finally I've been admitted to ESADE and decided to go for it.

I had a really hard time to decide between EDHEC & CASS - but finally I would have choosen EDHEC. The reason for this is that I am interested in Business Consulting and I consider EDHEC stronger than CASS for this purpose. In contrast to that CASS is better for Investment Banking and related career paths.

All in all both of them (EDHEC & CASS) have a really good reputation and are strong brands. From my point of view it really depends on what you're aiming for after graduation.

Hope this will help you to decide.

BR,

Jbelli
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: MSc in Management: ESADE vs. EDHEC vs. CASS [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 01:01
Well I definitely want to work in a Management Consultancy. Plus EDHEC provides considerable practical experience and internship and a double degree. And the tuition fee for two years is still lesser than the tuition fee of Cass for one year.

But I am not sure if I want to live in a town of France as i have no knowledge of french.

Also, why did you choose ESADE over EDHEC? The only reason i did not apply to spanish schools is because of the pathetic condition of the spanish economy right now. I guess the entire european economy is going down but its a lot worse in Spain.
I read somewhere more than 50 percent of the youth in Spain are unemployed. And if Greece leaves the Eurozone, Spain will be the next to follow. Hence I thought i will leave spanish schools of my list.

I want to know if they are still worth it and should i apply to them?
Intern
Intern

Re: MSc in Management: ESADE vs. EDHEC vs. CASS [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 03:18
Hey,

actually from my point of view you should choose EDHEC if you're sure about a career in Business Consulting. Especially the possibility of a double degree (MIM + MSc in Org. Consult.) is very appealing. I think during this program you will get nice insights and get perfectly prepared for a career in a consultancy company.

As I stated before I'd choose EDHEC over CASS for Consulting and CASS over EDHEC for a career in a financial related position.

Furthermore let me try to explain why I decided to choose ESADE over EDHEC. First of all I must admit that the current situation in Europe, especially southern Europe (including Spain) is far away from perfect. BUT - from my point of view the current economic situation in a country does not imply anything about the quality of a Business School in this country. Especially the high percentage of foreign students in the Master programmes of both ESADE and EDHEC marks the economic situation in the country as a non-valid criteria.

In my opinion more important than the economic situation in the country where the Business School is located, is the reputation of the business school in the country you like to work after graduation and the placement report of the business school.
From my point of view the reputation of ESADE, especially in the Business Consulting sector in Germany, is slightly higher than that of EDHEC. Additionally the MSc of Internat. Management from ESADE is pretty strong in Germany as well as in the Consulting sector (http://www.esade.edu/management/eng/my- ... management), even though EDHEC's is not far behind. Another point that contributed to my decision was that I prefered a 1-year master's degree.

So all in all I'm really happy that I'll become a part of ESADE this fall. EDHEC would have been my second choice and I think you can't do anything wrong with going for it.

So finally just my opinion regarding your last question:

YES - the Spanish Business Schools are definitely worth it. Just have a glance at recent rankings (for example FT http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolra ... kings-2011) as an indicator. As I stated before I think the current economic situation should not be a point in deciding which business school to choose!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Re: MSc in Management: ESADE vs. EDHEC vs. CASS [#permalink] New post 29 May 2012, 07:28
EDHEC - Best in France for finance, 5th in terms of reputation and most consulting people break-in from Top 4 mainly.
So, unless they offer you a good scholarship I wouldn't be so keen.

Cass - Shorter program (1 year), networking opportunities and solid brand name.

ESADE - Well reputed school EU wide and even better if you can get into CEMS.
Re: MSc in Management: ESADE vs. EDHEC vs. CASS   [#permalink] 29 May 2012, 07:28