Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 13:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Msc LUMS vs Cass

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Msc LUMS vs Cass [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2011, 16:36
Hey ppl,

Lancs was the first university that I applied. Having loved the International Business Msc I simply felt like it fitted me perfectly.

Well, the thing is that it was the last university to give me an offer. I had already accepted an offer from Cass, to do a Msc Management.

When asking around, ppl tend to say that Cass is a far superior BS, and that for postgrad it should be my choice... what bothers me is that it looks like it will be just like my undergrad here in Brazil; without that feeling of campus life that I never really had. I just started considering withdrawing my acceptance (as even if I loose the price i payed for acceptance, Lancs would be cheaper), and I do feel like the IB Msc fits me better (although it could just be cause the Lancs prospectus is much more detailed and overall better designed)

On the other hand, been based in London have to be great; and I really do worry with employability, as I plan to use the Msc to boost my career greatly (I used to work with Ernst&Young, plan to act in strategic management) and Cass seens to have a better rep.

Anyway, can anyone give me some opinion?
Intern
Intern

Re: Msc LUMS vs Cass [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2011, 20:36
Hey JRaphael, I also got offer from both Cass Business School (MSc Management) and LUMS (MA Management & Consulting) for the september intake. Also done an internship with E&Y and planning to act in strategic management (weww we had a lot in common). Between the two, I think I'm gonna choose Cass. It is widely known in my home countries and also it is in London. Besides that, MSc Management in Cass is highly ranked no. 2 in UK (FT ranking). Would love to experience studying in one of the greatest city in the world.

But I also got another offer from Rotterdam School of Management (RSM) in MSc Strategic Management. This is confusing because I see the course as more specific for the strategic management whereas Cass is a little bit on the generic side. Any comment on that?

Btw, do you know about the government will dismiss the PSW (post-study visa) in april 2012? So, I really don't know about whether overseas student could work after their masters in UK :|
Intern
Intern

Re: Msc LUMS vs Cass [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2011, 16:47
Haha, talking about coincidence!

Hunn, I saw that course on RSM; it's a great school and it seens to be way more specific them the Msc Management. Hadn't applied on it mostly because of the language barrier. Yeah the course is on English and everything, but hey, dutch still is the official language, it sure would be more difficult to adapt. But hey, that's just me.

Anyway, I officially refused the LUMS offer, going to Cass now. Guess reputation is what matters in the end heh?!

About the PSW, yeah we will not be able to apply for it. But we still can apply for a tier 2 visa if we find a sponsor; witch shouldn't be difficult considering the overall statistics of Cass Recruitment Fairs. Also remember that we are still able to stay for 2 months after the course ends.

That been said, you really do have a tough decision in your hands pal.
Intern
Intern

Re: Msc LUMS vs Cass [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2011, 00:33
Hey, I already decided to go to Cass this september. So I'm sure we will be meeting there :D. As for RSM, the deciding factor is the location. I just don't get the vibe living in ned :P.
Re: Msc LUMS vs Cass   [#permalink] 14 Jun 2011, 00:33