Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 20:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MSc Management LSE - 1st round - urgent advice

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: LSE - Harvard BS
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

MSc Management LSE - 1st round - urgent advice [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2010, 01:59
Hello everybody!
I am an undergraduate student and I live in Italy. I just discovered the GMAT Club website and I wish I had discovered it before. I gave the forum a quick look and I was surprised by how useful it is. I just took my 1st GMAT with a disappointing 580 (Q44 V27 AWA5) and now I look forward to improve a lot since I am aiming at Top BS so for at least 680+.
That's a long way to go but I am determinated; I hope to learn a lot from you guys and that my experience could be useful also to others! :D
It seems I first need to improve my Verbal skills.. what are your suggestions? And in what time, in your opinion, I could achieve my target-score?

I wish to first apply to LSE.
Do you advice to apply with this score now (end of november) or to wait 1-2 months after I have retook the GMAT? I know that after december the chances will fall, is it true?
I believe that my application would be strong since I expect to graduate with maximum grade (my GPA is 3.9), I speak 4 languages, I have two very valid work experiences, I lived and studied abroad 1y+, I am very internationally oriented, and I have many relevant experieces and i am only 19yo. Therefore, my GMAT score would be the only weak point...
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Status: One Consultant. Unparalleled Experience. Unlimited Support. - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Stanford admit rate 2013: 100%
GMAT 1: 740 Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 2

Re: MSc Management LSE - 1st round - urgent advice [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2010, 19:13
This post received
KUDOS
I would strongly advise trying to improve the GMAT before applying. When you weigh the delayed application with the GMAT, you are better off waiting, because a 580 will hurt you applying to that kind of program. It would be best if you can break 700, but either way you should wait because a 580 could be a red flag.

good luck! Look at the Manhattan GMAT books

-Scott
scott@personalmbacoach.com
www.personalmbacoach.com
--Free application strategy discussion & initial essay review
--Insider tips and mock interview preparation

Scott Edinburgh
Personal MBA Coach
scott@personalmbacoach.com
http://www.personalmbacoach.com
--Free consultation & application strategy discussion

Intern
Intern
Schools: LSE - Harvard BS
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: MSc Management LSE - 1st round - urgent advice [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2010, 09:20
Thank you very much!
Re: MSc Management LSE - 1st round - urgent advice   [#permalink] 01 Dec 2010, 09:20