Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 00:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MSF and MiM program eval

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 680 Q41 V41
GPA: 3.02
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
MSF and MiM program eval [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2012, 19:02
I'm applying to masters in finance and masters in management programs. I have a 680 GMAT (41, 41); 3.01 GPA in biology (I was ill for several semesters, had to take a semester of medical leave, I am responding well to treatment and I will mention it in the optional essay); 2 internships an NIH Funded/University funded research program where I was a co-principal investigator and one summer of investment banking in healthcare mergers and acquisitions and I am a URM (Hispanic). My target programs are: Duke Fuqua MMS, Wake Forest MA, Villanova MSF, Illinois MSF, Ohio State MSF, UT Austin MSF and Southern Methodist MSF. What are my chances and are there any schools I should add, I'm targeting investment banking and I plan to retake the GMAT in the near future.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [1] , given: 0

Re: MSF and MiM program eval [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2012, 21:36
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hello,

Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, I am not as well versed in the MMS and MSF program requirements, but I think overall you've got an interesting story. MBA programs typically require 3+ years of work experience prior to application, but perhaps the programs you are targeting do not require that. Sorry I can't be of more help here!

Mili

Mili Mittal
Senior Consultant
http://www.mbamission.com

Read the mbaMission Insider's Guides (16 individual school titles)

Download mbaMission’s Free Personal Statement Guide

Visit the mbaMission Blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 680 Q41 V41
GPA: 3.02
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Re: MSF and MiM program eval [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2012, 21:58
Thank you for your response. The programs I'm targeting are geared towards new grads with 0-1 year work experience.
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Re: MSF and MiM program eval [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2012, 21:37
Expert's post
Ok, that is good! Thanks for letting me know.

Best,
Mili
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: MSF and MiM program eval [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2012, 04:24
Well I got into the Duke and Wake Forest Master in Management programs last year, but I ended up not attending any of them because I felt it would be better to have an MBA as an international student. I think your stats should be ok for both Duke and Wakeforest, especially Wake Forest. I had a 3.24 gpa in math from a NESCAC liberal arts college, and a 650 gmat. My stat was enough to get a half-tuition merit scholarship from Wake Forest, and a little need-based scholarship from Duke. I'm African. Both programs are interested in how you can convey interest in team work and other activities besides academics. Your gmat is fine for both programs, but you can take it again if it makes u feel better. Hope you find this info useful.