Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 12:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MSF Profile Evaluation for Recent Graduate - thanks!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

MSF Profile Evaluation for Recent Graduate - thanks! [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2013, 08:25
Thanks in advance for any and all help :)

I am a recent college graduate, working as a portfolio management intern at a boutique hybrid PWM / PE family office. This past summer I was a finance intern at Intelsat (the world's largest satellite telecommunications company), and I have some more internship experience from previous years (physics intern at NASA contractor, project management internship with a real estate remodeling firm).

GMAT: 680 (42Q, 40V, IR 2). Just took it today after a couple months preparation; going to take it again in two months, goal is 740+.

University of Mary Washington (USA), 3.0 GPA, BSc. in Business Administration, graduated 2013. Slacked off way too much in the beginning, did much better in the last two years, had no initial motivation - terrible I know, but I'm very glad I finally woke up. The GPA has been a huge chip on my shoulder, providing motivation to better myself in other facets every day.

Extracurriculars: In college I was a financial researcher under my professor of finance, completing a literature review and helping with data parsing. Currently an active member of the Urban Land Institute and my city's Citizen's Association. Was also active as a volunteer this past summer for the Moroccan American Network's first ever Moroccan-American investor relations event in DC. Lastly, I also currently volunteer as a financial mentor for individuals/ families with low incomes through a wonderful organization in my county. In my free time I work on a bootstrapped software application that is finance-related, lift and exercise regularly, and I'm also a passionate home-brewer.

Target programs are IE, ESADE, St. Gallen, Bocconi, SSE, and Warwick - all for the Pre-Experience Masters in Finance program (MBF in St. Gallen, MSc. in Investment Management at SSE).

I plan to apply to IE and ESADE as soon as possible, but want to know what you guys think of my current profile with applying to them. Since I am taking my GMAT again, if my current score is too low for IE and ESADE, perhaps they might give me conditional acceptance upon a higher score - I don't know. I will apply for St. Gallen, SSE, Bocconi and Warwick on January (hopefully after earning a 740+ on my next GMAT attempt).

Post MSF, I want to get a position in a semi-quant finance role at a fund or as an equity researcher at an investment bank (FX/ equity/ FI strategy groups) before going back for my PhD.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
MSF Profile Evaluation for Recent Graduate - thanks!   [#permalink] 13 Oct 2013, 08:25