Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 22:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MSF University of Maryland or American U

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

MSF University of Maryland or American U [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2010, 04:36
Hey everybody, could you help me choose between these two programs? Both of them (UMD $ AU)are held in D.C. and can be completed in one academic year. What's more, the curriculums are similar. UMD seems to have higher reputation, while AU will provide career service to every student including international students.

I know because of the financial crisis, it is really hard for an international student to find a job in the U.S., so if I have to return to my motherland(China) after graduation, which one do you think I should consider?I

Thanks a lot!

Profile:
Undergradute Major: Financial Management
G 720; T 103
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: MSF University of Maryland or American U [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2010, 15:44
So I just came arcoss this post and am wondering which school you decided on? If you are still considering respond and I will give you my analysis - I looked into both these programs but went with GWU but have at least a little insight if you are set on these two schools.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: MSF University of Maryland or American U [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2010, 08:24
I wouldn't mind an analysis of UofM and AU
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: MSF University of Maryland or American U [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2010, 09:19
Ummm GWU is $60k in tuition alone. They treat themselves like an ivy league school and only Rochester is almost that expensive. They're a decent school but with the average MSF costing around $40,000 (everything including), GWU's $60K+Room/Board/Food/Books/Travel/Insurance is completely ridicolous.
They also require international students to show over $100,000 of financial means!!!! Ridicolous in my opinion when Villanova is $30,000, Tulsa $30,000 and so on.

Would anyone be able to provide more information about Maryland vs American vs GWU ?
Re: MSF University of Maryland or American U   [#permalink] 29 Jun 2010, 09:19