Hi, I am 28 yr old Indian female and have a GRE score of 1210 and have a work ex of 3+ years - 1 year in an IT co. and 2 in an Animation startup- Aniguru. Now I want to get into MSIS program but am not sure about the job scenario as well earning source as a student. the universities that I have shortlisted till now are:
1) Santa Clara University,California
- MS in Information Systems offered by Business School - Application deadline Priority Jan 1st and Final Jan 20th - App fee $100 & Approx tuition fee US $23976 per year and total inclusive of living exps $ 43195 - institution code for score reporting is 4851 - will accept ielts also needs 7.0 and Toefl requirement is 100- needs to pay non refundable tuition deposit of 300 to get the i-20 released after acceptance - http://www.scu.edu/business/msis/applic ... cklist.cfm
2)Missouri University of Science & Technology, Rolla
- MS in Information Science and Technology - Application deadline Priority Feb 1st and Final April 1st - App fee $75 & Approx tuition fee US $15,800 per year - institution code for score reporting is 6876 - preferred GRE Score v+Q 1150 and preferred Toefl - 92 and ielts score of 6.5
3)University of Houston at Clear Lake
-MS in Management Information systems - Application deadline Priority jan 15th and final April 1st - Approximate tuition fees $ 18000 per yr - Application fees $ 75 - DFS( Dollars for Scholars ) Scholarship to be applied after acceptance - will accept both ielts - 6.5 and Toefl - 80+
- MBA in Information Systems- Application deadline is Priority Feb 1st and final April 1st and tuition fees approximately US $ 13000 per yr
5)Northwest Missouri State University
- MBA in Information Technology - Application deadline is Priority Feb 1st and final April 1st and tuition fees approximately US $ 11000 per yr - Application fees $ 50
6)University of Texas at Dallas,Texas
- Master of Science in Information Technology and Management - Application deadline priority 1st Feb final March 1st - Application fee $100 ( 50 + 50 evaluation fees) Approx tuition fee US $24,000 per yea
7)University of Alabama at Huntsville - MS in Information systems -Application deadline is Priority Jan 1st and final Feb 1st
and tuition fees approximately US $ 20000 per yr - needs wes evaluation for admission - needs 6.5 in IELTS or Toefl of 80+- Application fees $ 50Which do you think is best in terms of reputation and job opportunities post the program as well as during the program?
Sorry. I'm not familiar with these programs. I can't guide you. I would look at the career placement record of these programs and see if graduates are obtaining the kinds of jobs you hope to get. Also examine the curriculum. Is it what you want to study? Then choose the program that will get you the job you want and teaches what you want to learn. If you have a choice, then simply choose among the smaller group the one that appeals the most.