Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 19:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Multiple jobs (plz give me some advises in my situation)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Multiple jobs (plz give me some advises in my situation) [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2006, 10:10
I have a situation and wanna ask for advises:
I'm 24, Vietnamese, GPA 3.5, GMAT 700. Strong social activities (president of Student's Union) and internship during college.
1/ I had multiple jobs at the same time: After graduation (Computer Science, GPA 3.5 ), I worked for a government company to promote trade (I and my team contribute standard to evaluate companies quatitatively, and promote their brand name). At the same time, I was a lecturer for a college (teaching computer science), and also a representative for my home company (it's small and in my hometown, but it needed a representative in a big city where I was living). So, what and how I should put those experiences in my resume?
2/ I have only 18 months of experiences. But I wanted to go to US first, to learn something about the life in US, improve my English, and prepare for B-School. So I applied to a small institution in California to learn MBA, then came to US. Now it's time for me to apply to a real B-school (my current school is so incompetent. I couldn't learn a lot there). Upon going to US, I still have contact and work in some projects with my old company? So, should/how I put it in my application?
I have my reason not to wait for several years to gain some experiences. VN is going to join WTO, and I want to catch the flow right on time.
I intend to apply to some near ellite and frontier schools in the first round.
Any suggest, and recommendation for my situation are welcome. I really appreciate it.
Thank you very much
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2006, 04:26
I think this is the wrong section you are posting to. You should post in the Ask Hjort / Ask Accepted.com /MBA GamePlan.

This section is to discuss your MBA application.

To answer your question, I think you will be better off getting some work experience before you apply to elite MBA schools in the US - at least 2-3 years. There are of course exceptions - that is if you can convince the admissions staff why you are better of with an MBA now than later.

I believe its yogurt!

[#permalink] 02 Sep 2006, 04:26