Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 14:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My 100 day plan for GMAT - Target score 740+

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Schools: Duke,Oxford,IMD,INSEAD
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
My 100 day plan for GMAT - Target score 740+ [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2009, 12:37
Alright,

First let me tell you, I love this forum better than other GMAT forums, reason being the people here are more helpful and friendly.

Where I stand -
I took a diagnostic test from http://www.catprep.com and got 560(Q42[8 wrong],V23[18/41 wrong])
So I guess my math is ok(lot to improve for 740+) but verbal sucks big time particularly SC and RC(lack of concentration)

My plan for next 100 days -
Common for the next 100 days
1) GMATClub - forums
2) Read atleast 2 or 3 books from GMAT fiction post, Economist and WSJ( the latter two I have been a regular reader for couple of years now)
3) Stop going out on Friday and Saturday nights
4) Keep my fiance at a distance ( she is too sweet and supportive and hence such a disturbance to my studies :( )
5) Work strictly for 8 hours only
6) study for 4 hours on weekdays and 8 hours weekends.

Day 1-30 - Review MGMAT books and also complete OG12, OG Quant and Verbal Review - Take my first GMATPrep to see where I am

Day 31-70 - Start working on
a) GMATClub tests(1 per day),Kaplan 800(only some of the sections), PR 1012(only some of the sections) and revise the questions I screwed up in OG guides
b) Get big time into posts of this forum
c) MGMAT - online Question bank and Quant Challenge
d) 1000 SC(30 a day), 1000CR(30 a day), 1000 RC(I know I cant do 1000 RC, but probably 4/day so it would be around 120-300 by the time I finish)
e) Take the first MGMAT test to check my score again

Day 71-75 - Review my error log from all the above materials and do the problems I screwed up.

Day 75-90 - Tests
a) 800 score - 5
b) MGMAT - 5

IF (avg score < 740)
I will probably take a two month break to get back.
else

Day 91-100 - Go revise my notes and error log and prep for AWA and also take the final GMAT Prep.

Does this sound like a good plan ? I cant afford to write my GMAT after nov 15th as I am getting married in the first week of December so I will try for nov 15th if not I will write next year as anyways my plan is to apply for 2011. Thought of finishing GMAT before marriage as I guess I will be busy for the first few months post marriage in things like honeymoon 8-), setting up new house and things like that.

Any valuable suggestions to the above plan is greatly appreciated( Kudos :D )

And if this plan look good for others in the same situation, please feel to appreciate me ;) (Kudos :D)
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 116 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: My 100 day plan for GMAT - Target score 740+ [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2009, 20:34
This plan looks great. Hope you're able to follow it. I find that keeping a daily journey helps me stay motivated so you might want to start one too. Other than that, good luck man and congrats on the upcoming :marriage !
Current Student
Schools: Duke,Oxford,IMD,INSEAD
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: My 100 day plan for GMAT - Target score 740+ [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2009, 20:49
Thanks nice, Idea. Let me follow it.
And thanks for the wishes.

Saw you are journal post, you see to be aiming for the "near impossible". all the best man :)
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2219

Kudos [?]: 8178 [0], given: 3641

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: My 100 day plan for GMAT - Target score 740+ [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2009, 21:09
Expert's post
You may also want to refer to this calendar template: please-evaluate-my-study-schedule-79588.html

It is very helpful to stay on schedule and not fall behind.

Also it is good to build-in days off. I have not done it but in retrospect, I should have - it feels great not to feel guilty about not studying at a party or doing something I enjoy knowing that I have a planned day-off. I basically was cut off from the rest of the world every night of the week for 2-3 months and that can get depressing :lol:

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: My 100 day plan for GMAT - Target score 740+   [#permalink] 24 Jul 2009, 21:09