Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Aug 2014, 22:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My application to Carlson School of Management

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

My application to Carlson School of Management [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2005, 08:49
I am 21 years old and am graduating this spring with a BS in Computer Science.

I also own a small business, 3+ years old.

I decided early that I wanted to go to business school and I believe Carlson is the best in my area.

The applications process, in retrospect, was pretty easy. I had to have an admissions interview, which was very nice. I was not stressed out and the interview went great. I had my interview with the Director of Admissions.

The GMAT was the most stressful for me, I had to take it twice, first 530, second 680. Whefta!

I think my biggest liability when applying was that I was only 21 years old. The stats show that less than 5% of Carlson students are under 22, and less than 5% have 0-2 years of Fulltime business experience. While I have been running my own business, it has not been 'fulltime'.

Because I had to get my last Fall transcript to apply, I couldn't make the first round. I made the second round and my application was reviewed VERY promptly. I applied in the last week of January, and had an acceptance by February 9th.

Overall, it's been a great experience!

Mike
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
My application to Carlson School of Management   [#permalink] 10 Feb 2005, 08:49