Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 19:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My Background, do you think i have a chance?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

My Background, do you think i have a chance? [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2009, 10:12
hi guys just wondering if i could get some advice on b school applications:

i just took my GMAT again and got a 680 this time (86 percentile). I had gotten a 600 last time.

I want to apply to top schools in the states and not sure if this will be high enough but i figure id apply to just one school now anyways and see how it goes. even if i dont get in, id try to take the GMAT again next year and with one mroe years experience hopefully id have a better chance.

im thinking of applying to either Chicago or MIT, do you guys know which one has a higher acceptance rate? do you guys think i would stand a chance at one of these schools?

heres the rest of my background

Undergrad degree from Uni of Toronto with triple major in Economics, Applied Statistics, comp sci. GPA: 3.0 (but class averages are generally much lower in u of t so im hoping theyll take that into consideration)
GMAT: 680 (600 the first time for the schools that take the average)
Work Experience: total of 3.5 years experience with top canadian banks. 1.5 years as marketing research consultant and 2 years as treasury analyst/senior treasury analyst

any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
My Background, do you think i have a chance?   [#permalink] 20 Dec 2009, 10:12