Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Aug 2014, 23:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My bad experience. thoughts?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

My bad experience. thoughts? [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2011, 12:46
Hi all :)
Although I use the forum a lot, this is the first time I'm posting. And I'm doing it because I feel bad and my experience could help others. In most of the cases people who post their experiences are those with success, so here's a bad one.
I've been studying for 2 months now and was planning to take the gmat on november 4th. So, I started taking the Gmat test prep to see how I was going. First one, 510, second one (last week), 500. I feel horrible and stupid. I live in a small town so I can take a gmat course. I'm studying with the Of. guide and I just bought the SC from MGMAT although I didn't get it yet. After correcting my test, I realize that have of the question I have wrong, it's due to silly errors I make in calculation, and the rest I didn't know how to make them. I also thought I was strong in verbal, but I'm not. I usually have half correct and half incorrect, for both, verbal and quant.
Of course I decided to pospone this til next year. I study everyday. I'm with the GMAT prep question , doing them one by one, but I don't know if I'm keeping the knowledge.
Am I lost? I really want to apply for an MBA and this is a bloody barrier!!

Thanks for your attention :)
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V42

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

Re: My bad experience. thoughts? [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2011, 13:14
Keep on practicing and make sure to analyze your mistakes. If you stop getting the same kind of questions wrong over and over again, you will gradually improve your score. For the time being, I would work through GMAT books and practice on single questions. When you feel that you've learned enough, that you are a lot more comfortable with question types that you used to have problems with or when you realize that you manage to answer questions correctly in a shorter time than before, do another prep test to see whether you really have improved. Also, do not forget about timing yourself. Good luck!

GMAT 720 Q47 V42 AWA 6.0, TOEFL 110.

Manager
Manager
Schools: IIM, ISB, & XLRI
WE 1: B.Tech (Information Technology)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

Re: My bad experience. thoughts? [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2011, 19:13
cgmat wrote:
Hi all :)
Although I use the forum a lot, this is the first time I'm posting. And I'm doing it because I feel bad and my experience could help others. In most of the cases people who post their experiences are those with success, so here's a bad one.
I've been studying for 2 months now and was planning to take the gmat on november 4th. So, I started taking the Gmat test prep to see how I was going. First one, 510, second one (last week), 500. I feel horrible and stupid. I live in a small town so I can take a gmat course. I'm studying with the Of. guide and I just bought the SC from MGMAT although I didn't get it yet. After correcting my test, I realize that have of the question I have wrong, it's due to silly errors I make in calculation, and the rest I didn't know how to make them. I also thought I was strong in verbal, but I'm not. I usually have half correct and half incorrect, for both, verbal and quant.
Of course I decided to pospone this til next year. I study everyday. I'm with the GMAT prep question , doing them one by one, but I don't know if I'm keeping the knowledge.
Am I lost? I really want to apply for an MBA and this is a bloody barrier!!

Thanks for your attention :)

Hey,

Practise is the key. Focus on your weak areas and practise, practise and more practise. Buy some test series such as MGMAT Cat, they come handy. Study MGMAT books religiously and then more practise.

Best of luck !!

GMAT is an addiction and I am darn addicted

Preparation for final battel:
GMAT PREP-1 750 Q50 V41 - Oct 16 2011
GMAT PREP-2 710 Q50 V36 - Oct 22 2011 ==> Scored 50 in Quant second time in a row :-)
MGMAT---- -1 560 Q28 V39 - Oct 29 2011 ==> Left Quant half done and continued with Verbal. Happy to see Q39 :-)

My ongoing plan: http://gmatclub.com/forum/550-to-630-need-more-to-achieve-my-dream-121613.html#p989311

Appreciate by kudos !!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: My bad experience. thoughts? [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2011, 13:20
Thank you guys for you advice :)
Re: My bad experience. thoughts?   [#permalink] 19 Oct 2011, 13:20