Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 04:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My candidature Evaluation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

My candidature Evaluation [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2014, 22:28
Hi,

I am 28 year old female, married, & have a kid.

I left my job an year back when I had my baby . Now my kid is 1 year old and I want to restart my career and thus I want to do an MBA to accelerate my career growth opportunities.

My profile -

I am from a Non IT, Non Maths, Non- Engineering, background. I have 3+ years of experience into Digital Marketing and Operations. I am on a career break from last one year.

Educational Background-

I have done my MBA in 2010, from a Tier II college of India and have received a gold medal in the same.
I also have been a part of various extra curricular activities and NGO's.
I have received certificate of appreciation for presenting my research papers at internationally renowned institutes such as IIM's

I wish to know how much GMAT score will be required for me to get admission into any of these business schools-

1) NUS
2) UCLA Anderson
3) Cornell
4) Tepper
5) INSEAD (Dream School)
6) ISB
7) SP JAIN

I want to get admission into any of these B- Schools, I need to know what should be my target score for GMAT

I gave a Mock- GMAT from GMAC and got a 550. I am not good at Quants and neither I am a Verbal champ.I am a mediocre in both.

Please help me .

Thanks in advance.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 88 [1] , given: 6

Re: My candidature Evaluation [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2014, 02:23
This post received
KUDOS
PINKS12 wrote:
Hi,

I am 28 year old female, married, & have a kid.

I left my job an year back when I had my baby . Now my kid is 1 year old and I want to restart my career and thus I want to do an MBA to accelerate my career growth opportunities.

My profile -

I am from a Non IT, Non Maths, Non- Engineering, background. I have 3+ years of experience into Digital Marketing and Operations. I am on a career break from last one year.

Educational Background-

I have done my MBA in 2010, from a Tier II college of India and have received a gold medal in the same.
I also have been a part of various extra curricular activities and NGO's.
I have received certificate of appreciation for presenting my research papers at internationally renowned institutes such as IIM's

I wish to know how much GMAT score will be required for me to get admission into any of these business schools-

1) NUS
2) UCLA Anderson
3) Cornell
4) Tepper
5) INSEAD (Dream School)
6) ISB
7) SP JAIN

I want to get admission into any of these B- Schools, I need to know what should be my target score for GMAT

I gave a Mock- GMAT from GMAC and got a 550. I am not good at Quants and neither I am a Verbal champ.I am a mediocre in both.

Please help me .

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Good that you want to uplift your career. However you will have to justify "why you need a 2nd MBA?". Try to get a 720+in you GMAT and your ride will be smoother. Most of the schools you mentioned are highly competitive and requires extra-ordinary skills to get in there. But its not impossible. 720+ GMAT score, and good application essays will help you get there. Also try selecting the schools to match your career goals. Try this out : http://goo.gl/RZg44t

All the best!!

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 18

Re: My candidature Evaluation [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2014, 09:23
Expert's post
PINKS12 wrote:
Hi,

Hi There,

Just a question- why do an MBA right now? Maybe you should just get back to work instead. As Neha has pointed out, any b-school you apply to will want to know why you need that second MBA and I think saying that it will help you in getting back to work after a year long break does not sound a very convincing reason.

You should aim for a score above 700, the higher the better. As you do not have any quant background, think of it as a requirement to score well on the GMAT with a high quant score. Many of the MBA foundation courses are analytical and unless you can prove it to the adcom that you will cope well in class, its going to be a tough fight. Consider taking up a few quant based courses online. One thought is that you spend another 1-2 years to beef up your profile (which entails getting back to work) and then do an MBA if you still need it.

Among your b-school choices, INSEAD prefers candidates who have international work experience/ exposure - apply there only if you meet that criteria.

Namita Garg
http://www.mbadecoder.com
contact@mbadecoder.com

Re: My candidature Evaluation   [#permalink] 10 Jul 2014, 09:23