Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 21:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My Cornell Interview plus some Stats

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

My Cornell Interview plus some Stats [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2007, 08:19
I just had my interview with Cornell yesterday. I was really impressed by the friendliness of the students and the staff. The facilities at Sage hall including the Parker Center were amazing by any standards. I also got to sit-in on a sustainable global enterprise class, which was fun.

My interview was strictly over my resume. Everytime I'd say something it was followed by a question sometimes for more details, sometimes just to know what I did because of an event.

Definitely know your resume really well. Most of the interviews with Cornell, I've heard, revolved around the resume because they are blind interviews.

I also had a chance to speak to the Director of Admissions, he is a very friendly man. I could definitely tell he came from a PR background. He was telling me that application volume for 1st round is up 70% and 2nd round is up 40%. Those are incredible numbers for Cornell, he further told me that applications totaled 2000 so far with a 4rth round yet to finish. He was predicting a record application year (>2400 in total). Just imagine the selectivity, if there are only 280 seats available. he also told me that about 110 deposits have already been recieved, and many more to come.

I was pretty excited about my visit to Cornell. I had my reservations at first, but physically going there and experiencing the school and surroundings made me realize how good of a MBA program Cornell really is.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2007, 08:27
Thanks for your message. I have to go there sometime for interview too
SVP
SVP
Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 180 [0], given: 2

[#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2007, 20:06
oh, MAN!

I am hoping that these crazy increases are related to more applications and not necessarily to more applicants. Well, what's done is done. My stuff is in and I have done what I can. I will prepare for and nail my interviews and leave the rest in the hands of the b-school gods.

Thanks for the good info on the cornell interviews.
  [#permalink] 16 Jan 2007, 20:06