Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Jul 2014, 09:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My debrief - Took GMAT yesterday

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User
My debrief - Took GMAT yesterday [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 04:14
All,

thanks for sharing your experiences. I have been reading the forum for a long time and it is undoubtedly helpful! :-D

Yesterday I took my GMAT for a second time and the result wasn't as good as I wanted it to be: I was aiming for a 700+ and got stuck with a 670 (q45 v36). In general I must say that I found the quant part significantly more difficult than the GMATPrep questions (including the additional pack - 400+ in total). Most of the quant questions came around geometry (around 7-8) and many others around sets (5 easily) and absolute numbers (4-5). The others were a various mix of the other topics.
The verbal part was much more what I had been preparing for: the first text came out in question 7 and they were pretty the same difficulty as the GMATPrep ones.

In summary, I found the quant part much more difficult than the verbal, when compared to GMATprep.
I will work with GmatClub super-difficult quant questions so that next time I can crack the 700+ barrier.

Hope this helps!
Enrique
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 123 [1] , given: 79

Re: My debrief - Took GMAT yesterday [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 07:17
This post received
KUDOS
Not bad at all! You're not far from a 700. Thirty more points? Definitely doable.

One quick thought: yes, I think it's a great idea to use the GMATClub tests to improve your quant score, but don't neglect the verbal entirely. To get to a 700 without improving the verbal, you'll need at least a 50, and that's a pretty tough score to get. (Check out the scoring charts at gmat-scores-83890.html for more on this.)

An easier path might be to improve both your quant and verbal scores by a couple of points. Keep your SC skills fresh, keep running through official CR and RC questions, and supplement with LSAT CR and RC if you need an extra challenge. I'm sure that you can improve on the 45 on the quant section... and I'd also be willing to bet that you could pull the verbal score up, too. If you improve both, you'll have some extra margin for error on your next attempt, and that's always a good thing.

Keep us posted, Enrique!

Helping students kick the GMAT in the nuts since 2002... www.gmatninja.com.

Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 305 [0], given: 190

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: My debrief - Took GMAT yesterday [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 07:20
You need to develop the ability to handle questions which you have not seen before. When you practice enough questions for long enough period you would see changes.

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: My debrief - Took GMAT yesterday [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 07:37
Thanks for the feedback!

Actually I have gone through an important pool of questions (OG13, verbal supplement, quant supplement, 400+ on GMATPrep) and honestly the most difficult ones appeared yesterday (in quant).

I forgot to say that I'm actually an engineer, so the quant part should be my strength! Anyway, I will now practice with harder question sets so next time GMAT will look easier :)

I'll keep you posted! Thanks!
Manager
Manager
GMAT Date: 11-18-2012

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 23

Re: My debrief - Took GMAT yesterday [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 08:05
Hey ,

Is Verbal question is similar to OG12 and OG2 Verbal review?
What about RC?
In many post i read RC is not similar to OG12.

Thriving for CHANGE

Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: My debrief - Took GMAT yesterday [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 08:35
Aristocrat wrote:
Hey ,

Is Verbal question is similar to OG12 and OG2 Verbal review?
What about RC?
In many post i read RC is not similar to OG12.

Actually I found the questions in OG13 and OG2 Verbal review to be at a similar level (but I'd recommend doing both -more practice).
In my opinion the verbal questions in the real GMAT were the same level as in the guides. 3 texts: one short, 2 very long ones, in topics varying from management to organisation of work and then the SC, CR were at a reasonable level.

Regards,
Enrique
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: My debrief - Took GMAT yesterday [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 09:11
I'm sure you'll do better on the second try.
Re: My debrief - Took GMAT yesterday   [#permalink] 31 Jan 2013, 09:11