Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 06:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My draft study plan for the last month.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
My draft study plan for the last month. [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2006, 18:09
Hi,

I've been around this forum for 2 months, and I've done a great deal of good questions from various posters. G-day will be on Dec 5th, so I have roughly a month of time left.

Here is my plan, especially designed for the full-length tests I haven't done:

I've done PR 1: 690. Kaplan 1: 590. (exactly 100 difference.)

This is my test plan for the next and final month:

Now to Nov 4: continue studying Kaplan 800 and get something done for AWA.

Week 45: Nov 4, Sat: GMAT Prep 1.

Week 46: Nov 11, Sat: PR 2;
Nov 12, Sun: Kaplan 2.
(Kaplan tests end here. I don't put too much weight on its score.
Probably I will only go for its Math Sections of the rest 2 CATs. )

Week 47: Nov 18, Sat: PR 3.

Week 48: Nov 22, Wed, work leave: Power Prep 1;
Nov 25, Sat: PR 4.

Week 49: Nov 29, Wed, work leave: Power Prep 2;
Dec 2, Sat: GMAT Prep 2.

Week 50: Dec 3-4, Sun-Mon : review mistakes and notes;
Dec 5, Tue: Ready for 9AM.

I am finishing the Kaplan 800 in a few days. I still have OG 11 left for the last month. I study 2 hours each weekday from 6 to 8AM before work. On weekends, I will do these tests and review them, and do questioned posted in the forum. I seldom study in the evenings, because I am tired and sleepy. And my test is in the morning at 9AM.

So what do you think of my full-length test plan? Is it OK for the last 2 weeks to arrange like this? And will OG 11 be enough for study 1 month? I somehow feel I may finish it before the test day.

Thanks and feel absolutely free to advise. :-D
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2006, 11:42
I am no expert but it looks fine to me...and I think everyone has to look at what works best for themselves personally.

Here is what I am dong (I am planning on taking the test around the same time as you:
1) Finish OG 11
2) Take Remaining GMATPrep and MGMAT test AND re-install GMATPrep and take 2 more test (I hear there are very few repeats).
3) Review some specific subjects I still have trouble with
4) Finsh basic math (high school math) review books

I do not plan on taking any Kaplan testS - for me they do not resemble the actual GMAT very much. Also PowerPrep has many of the same question as OG 10 & 11 and the score can be mis-leading (I took both and got scores in the 700's but I saw a ton of questions I came across in the OG).

Tests Taken so far:
MGMAT - 630 w/essays (Taken 10/7 after 2 + weeks of studying)
MGMAT - 640 w/essays (Taken 10/8)
GMATPrep - 670 (Q 40/V 41) no essays (Taken on 10/22 after a month + of studying)
Princeton Review - well you know the problem I have with my CD but I think I did OK so I won't be taking anymore of those tests. I thought the questions were quite good though and would help in prep.

"Never let the fear of striking out get in your wayâ€

VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2006, 23:03
Hmm.

Is it true that GMATprep repeats few questions after being reinstalled?

Also PowerPrep repeats a lot of questions in the OG11?

If so, I'd better re-install the GMATprep and skip the PowerPrep.
I think Kaplan Math is worth doing. you can click through the Verbal if you don't want to do, and have a fun time seeing your luck rate. :lol:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2006, 06:25
tennis_ball wrote:
Hmm.

Is it true that GMATprep repeats few questions after being reinstalled? - That is what I have read from many posters on the forum (but there are very few repeats)

Also PowerPrep repeats a lot of questions in the OG11? Again this is what I have read on the forum. I DO know for sure that PowerPrep has many of the same questions from OG 10 (thus I had very inflated scores in my opinion).

If so, I'd better re-install the GMATprep and skip the PowerPrep.
I think Kaplan Math is worth doing. you can click through the Verbal if you don't want to do, and have a fun time seeing your luck rate. :lol:

"Never let the fear of striking out get in your wayâ€

VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2006, 21:05
I just took PowerPrep 1 before I start with OG 11, and got 720.
Is it inflated or not? I saw 2 or 3 questions that I did before, but not many of them. But my Verbal timing is still off, I had to guess the last few questions, but guessed about 1/2 right though.
  [#permalink] 03 Nov 2006, 21:05