Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Oct 2014, 04:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My dream school is coming to my city- Suggestions please!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

My dream school is coming to my city- Suggestions please! [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2014, 10:47
Hello everyone!

I moved to a new city some time back and luckily my dream school is holding an admission event here in last week of August :) I have registered for it and am super excited and nervous for the event. I did some research and came across few articles suggesting what to do before and during the event, but I am still not feeling confident about it. Can you please share your experience? And any suggestions on how can I make an impact? Any articles that you found interesting that I might have missed?

Thanks in advance and all the best to you all!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.33
WE: General Management (Education)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 9

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: My dream school is coming to my city- Suggestions please! [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2014, 11:22
Admissions events are typically called info sessions. And it is these that I am referring to (just in case the admissions even you're referring to is different). You shouldn't be nervous about it because you shouldn't be trying to make an impression. There is a very slim chance they will remember you. Even if they do, it will not be of any added benefit for your application anyway.

The info session is just that - a forum for you to (1) ask any question you might have that hasn't been answered by the website and (2) meet some alumni to ask them some specific questions. If you don't have a specific question to ask - I don't think its even worth going. Rather spend the time on GMATs / essays.

The worst thing you can do is worry too much about "sounding smart" and trying to make a positive impression. You might just end up trying to say something or ask about something that was already covered in the presentation (if there is one).
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2298

Kudos [?]: 9063 [0], given: 3680

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: My dream school is coming to my city- Suggestions please! [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2014, 12:17
Expert's post
Is this a school dedicated event (just that school with alums and adcom) or is this an MBA fair?

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Re: My dream school is coming to my city- Suggestions please! [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2014, 21:14
bb, this is an Stanford GSB Information Session. Here is the link: http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/events/info ... ession-271

It says "This event will include an overview of the Stanford MBA Program by an admissions officer, followed by a discussion with Stanford MBA alumni. You’ll also have plenty of time to get your questions answered. Upon registration, you will receive information to review prior to the session."

bb wrote:
Is this a school dedicated event (just that school with alums and adcom) or is this an MBA fair?
Re: My dream school is coming to my city- Suggestions please!   [#permalink] 08 Aug 2014, 21:14