Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 08:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My experience of internship at EMAMI

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

My experience of internship at EMAMI [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2013, 11:18
I am a student of PGPBM and my area of specialization is HR. I got a good chance to do my internship from Emami, a fast growing FMCG company in India. My topic of internship was “Recruitment and Selection”.
As this was my first corporate experience, I was full of excitement and enthusiasm. On the very first day, my project guide provided a thorough detail of the rules and regulations I needed to follow during the two months. She had created a motivating list of tasks and assignments that I would complete during the two month’s internship. These included: preparation of Job Descriptions and Job Specifications of different candidates depending upon their profiles, selecting the right candidate through job portals like naukri, monster etc, correction of employees PF and Gratuity forms and so on. My internship was entirely unpaid, including any possible reimbursement for my auto expenses. I was a junior, and therefore my course work was at its most difficult and plentiful stage – but I was spending a minimum of fifteen hours per week immersed in this experience.
However, I learned several valuable lessons including the importance of having perseverance at the workplace. It was also a great opportunity to learn the specific details about how a particular company works when it comes to Recruitment of higher management as well as to operation level managers. This project provided me with an opportunity to study group interaction in a regulated environment in that there was a specific outcome with a specific deadline. Apart from this I learned to act and look professional, and learned to carry on intelligent conversations about the industry, and specially to deal with people while it comes about offering their salary.
I enjoyed my work a lot. Moreover, I enjoyed the sense of being responsible and accountable for a specific task. My work within time and my performance all through had been very much loved by my project guide. Emami will likely remain on my resume forever, after all, I earned it.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: My experience of internship at EMAMI [#permalink] New post 03 Sep 2013, 22:41
Thanks for BIBS.....It's good to listen that u have provided the internship opportunity in ''EMAMI'' ...... :-D ...also would like to thanks for sharing this experience with us....
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: My experience of internship at EMAMI [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2013, 13:41
It is really coll! And how to get to EMAMI? you have sent a letter?
Re: My experience of internship at EMAMI   [#permalink] 05 Sep 2013, 13:41