Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 13:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

my first test:DISAPPOINTED

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 100

GMAT Tests User
my first test:DISAPPOINTED [#permalink] New post 08 May 2009, 05:45
So i took the princeton free test:heard its relativly easy.Sat for the full test(along with the awa)i think that was a major reason for my low score which by the way is 560 V30 Q37.Fact is the test WAS easy,i was'nt having difficulty with the content only that i could'nt sit and so my head was'nt into it.I could'nt wait for it to be over even though i wanted a nice score.Bottom line:i just could'nt sit and give even a mediocre performance:(

My test is in August.I know i have time that is why i study 4 days a week 3 hrs. so as not to over do it and not be too relaxed also.1 day is test day,1 day is test analysis day and 1 day I take off.Right now I am in the middle of doing OG11.I am making a log of all the sums i am doing and making notes.Please tell me how to proceed.

countdown-beginshas-ended-85483-40.html#p649902

3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [3] , given: 2

Re: my first test:DISAPPOINTED [#permalink] New post 11 May 2009, 08:40
This post received
KUDOS
Hi,
I've taken every free gmat cat there is. I cant remember this one specifically, but as far as correlating to your actual results there were only 2 that I found useful, the rest I ignored completely. They were manhattan cats and obviously the official gmatprep cats.

I found the others were either not appropriate in level of difficulty or just off topic in subject matter.

One thing to note with manhattan cats is that the math is a pretty good reproduction of the actual test, but the verbal can be weird at times. Overall they are in my opinion the best of whats around aside from gmatprep.

So dont fret about your marks. Especially since you havent finished your study plan yet. The most important thing is to be learning from your mistakes.

For a review of cats:
all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html

for tips maybe check some of the pros with the sticky threads share-your-gmat-experience-8/
and also for strategy everything-you-need-to-prepare-for-the-gmat-revised-77983.html
this should help you come up with a game plan suitable for you.

hope that helps,
good luck with your studies,
millhouse
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: my first test:DISAPPOINTED [#permalink] New post 11 May 2009, 10:13
I don't see any reasons for you to fret right now.....this is normal the first test you give usually is a disaster...the major reason being that we are not used to sit for 4 hrs on one go......and also by the time you reach the Verbal section you are almost exhausted and you just let go most of the questions without effort..it happened with me when i gave my first test 2 months back,...

My suggestion read through the experiences of the people who have pased GMAT with great scores and try to figure out whatis best for you.......Learn from your mistakes and continue your focus...there is nothing which you cannot achieve with hard work and dedication.....keep the spirits high
Re: my first test:DISAPPOINTED   [#permalink] 11 May 2009, 10:13