Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Oct 2014, 20:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My GMAT Experience

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
GMAT Date: 06-22-2012
GPA: 2.9
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 514 [0], given: 217

My GMAT Experience [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2011, 14:28
Hello guys - I thought to share my GMAT prep as the D day (07th Dec) is approaching soon. I am flexible on dates (can take it later) so honest reply would be very much appreciated.

Ok - So here we go.

I am preparing 4th time for GMAT. My last official score was 420 when I took the test in Aug last year. I took a break after that and started a fresh from July this year. I gave a MGMAT 1 Test on 24th Aug and scored 530 after around 3 weeks of prep (Quant 35 and Verbal 29). I knew at that point that I have a long way to go and scoring 700 plus was a dream rather it still a dream for me. I prepared after that and took MGMAT 2 yesterday and score 650 (Quant 45 and verbal 35). But do you guys think that the score in verbal can be improved more and considering I have booked my exam for 07th Dec, I can still break the 700 mark?

I am planning to apply to INSEAD, IMD and LBS. At present US Schools are a dream as I don't think at this point of time that I will be able to break the 700 mark. The brief summary of my profile is:

33/M/British/9 years of Exp in IT Consulting/Strong Extra curricular activities+International exp/GPA 3.0 (I think)!

So can someone please suggest if there is any shortcut for 07th Dec or do you think its worth delaying the exam by a month or so and prepare to break the 700 barrier !

Best Regards,
E.

MGMAT 1 --> 530
MGMAT 2--> 640
MGMAT 3 ---> 610 :-(

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
My GMAT Experience   [#permalink] 07 Nov 2011, 14:28