Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 22:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My Gmat Experience

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

My Gmat Experience [#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2003, 10:21
Friends

I am kapil from mumbai India. I have been a regular visitor to the site past 1 month. I really found it extremely helpful especially since I had no one around to help with GMAT.

I scored 710. Q 49 V 37. I would like to share my experience with others because i feel i have been benifitted by similar notes on the forum.

My quant is strong but not used to doing the type of questions that appear on the GMAT. I am into solving differential equations and modeling of chemical reactions but these GMAT questions really baffled me.

I throughly memorized all the formulas in the powerprep math tutorial. the most tricky part is Data suffieicny where innocent looking questions have a simple trick. I needs practice to learn these tricks. I would recommend all those geting above Q 45 in maths practise tests to learn DS tricks.

I am non native so I devoted 60% on my time on SC's. Kaplan SC were tough and lowered my self confidence, actual GMAT questions were simpler. I practised a lot on SC's and referref to a grammer book Wren and martin.

I took alltogether 7 practise tests

PR websit diagnostic : 600
Crack Gmat :600
Kaplan: 620, 570, 570
PP : 710, 750

On the actual test, 3rd question was a probability and overall i got 3 probability question. No standard deviation but got a question on range.
Last 10 questions were easy.

verbal started with SC, total 4 RC with 3-4 questions.

My mistakes -

1. No preperation on essays, i made a mess of my essay questions

2. I attempted questions in a hurry, I had 25 minutes in Q and 20 min in V section to spare. But i sacrificed accuracy because i didnt times myself well. I advice all to prepare their strategy before giving PP tests and firm it up.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Great job [#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2003, 13:13
Hi friend,

Great job! I wish I could achieve that yesterday. Your layout was similar to mine on both math and verbal. 3rd question was a probability on combination and also an easy range problem. Amazing you had 25 minutes to spare on math. I was stuck on a few strange word problems for a while. Also, your verbal is excellent even increditable with so much time to spare. My first question was also SC, then the 3rd was RC. One bold face CR question. Some on completing the sentences.

Can you please share with me your approach on math? How did you deal with the strange ones? Any time limit on those?

Thanks, and good job!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2003, 19:27
Sorry - What is a bold face CR question, Can you pls give an example ?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2003, 20:43
anupag wrote:
Sorry - What is a bold face CR question, Can you pls give an example ?

Do you have OG? The last CR in there is a bold-face. Has to do with reading a paragraph and understanding the logical structure underlying it.
  [#permalink] 10 Jul 2003, 20:43