Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 11:48 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 11:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: finance, investment industry
Schools:NYU Stern, Columbia, HBS, Starford GSB, Berkeley, Kellogg, Chicago Booth, Wharton,
GPA: 3.19
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [1]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3046 [0]
Given Kudos: 157
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Re: My Gmat is in four days!!! what would you do if you were me? [#permalink]
hi

Welcome to the Club!

you may improve your score by 20-40 points but not more.
Use GMAT Calculator https://gmatclub.com/gmat-score-calculator/ to asses your gmat score.
If 600 is sufficient for you take the test if not deffer it.

good luck
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
I wouldn't try to stress too much during last four days.

Not sure what your weaknesses are but if your weaknesses stem from the verbal section, it's rather difficult to improve RC/CR/SC in a short period of time.

Try to get a good night sleep the day before the exam and not be too jittery during the exam.

Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Find out your weak spots

Then go over the MGMAT books for those weak spots - do the harder questions in the second half of the book, skip the easier questions. Do a practice MGMAT test at the end of each night for the 2 nights.

For the last 2 nights, just do the official GMAT prep test
Intern
Intern
Schools:NYU Stern, Columbia, HBS, Starford GSB, Berkeley, Kellogg, Chicago Booth, Wharton,
Send PM
I took the first GMAT Prep CAT, and it was 490.
Yesterday I took another MGMAT, and got 560, took another Gmat Prep CAT and got 520.

I just took the real test just now, and I need some sleep. I got 530!! so devastated, 44Q, and 20V. I'm going to schedule another one now, 5 weeks from now.

I was soo tired probably lack of sleeping last night. I couldn't sleep untill 1 o clock.

I'm so dissapointed. I thought I could at least hit 600.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72885 [0]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately GMAT is hard to prep for in 5 days and bump the score significantly. it requires a methodical approach for the best score. Don't get discouraged. 530 is pretty much 50th percentile, so you did as well as about half of us :)

Here are my thoughts about how to structure your study plan: gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

Get some rest and then get back on the horse.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Inidisas,

Don't be dissapointed!
It is better to realise soon what's the animal is the GMAT than later.

This disspointment will make you better and stronger. This is a valuable experience and the starting point.

I bet we will see in few months your post like "My jorney from 530 to 740!" :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
I would rest, and try to relax. After all, if you are confident you have done what you should have...
good luck anyway
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It's been months since my first attempt in GMAT. But I guess this is just one of those days when you are really down and emotional that you just can't motivate your self anymore, or you just don't know where to start.

Guys, I haven't told you that on the day that I did the GMAT test, it was when I found out I was 5 weeks pregnant. My husband and I was very happy and overwhelmed about the fact. Although we didn't really plan it and we were totally focused about GMAT, and planning on applying to graduate school.

Now I'm sitting in my home-I had taken my maternity leave earlier, 33 weeks pregnant, devastated after I did some more GMAT problems only to find out that I had gone worse in solving GMAT problems. The problems felt harder, and I can't seem to count as fast, I had to pee in every 20 minutes, I got sleepy most of the time, it's really frustrating! I feel I'm more and more stupid than I could recall.
:cry: i had to cry because at this moment I am very very scared of losing my dream to continue my study abroad.

I can go into labor in like another 49 days, I was planning on taking another attempt on GMAT before I give birth to this baby. But after today, i realize that it's even harder to do with all the circumstances and everything. (remembering that I would have to go to the toilet frequently while sitting for the test for three and a half hours). But it's even more not feasible to do after the baby is born, considering I would have to nurse the baby every now and then, and there's going to be sleep deprivation and all. It won't be until the baby is 3 months old that schedule would be more stable. And by that time, it would already be November. If I study and prepare again for GMAT, it would already be the deadline of Round 2.

I can just see it passing by, am I really losing it?? I kinda hate the fact that I am pregnant right now and that I have to postpone my application process. not only that-how can I even start applying when I'm still not satisfied with my GMAT score. Why does this feels even harder to get, the road ahead seems stretched into a longer and longer path to pursue. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I don't have anymore energy to motivate my self. I can only write this, hoping that somebody out there has gone through something similar. I know I'm mostly hormonal right now, but I can't just let go of this dream. Not just yet. If anybody has ever experience something tough emotionally like this and still managed to beat the GMAT, please share to me and maybe that could help boost my motivation level again, and at least I can make the most of my last month before I give birth to this baby, and maybe take the test again before July 20th.

Inidisas.
GMAT Club Bot