Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 19:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

my gmat strategy...Raghu

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
WE 1: 2.5 yrs in manufacturing
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 18

GMAT Tests User
my gmat strategy...Raghu [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2006, 17:46
Hmm..Took a GMATprep exam today. Very very dissapointed with the score..
Aiming for a 760..
Took a Kaplan test last weekend and scored a 600. With everyone speaking about the difficulty level, I estimated of scoring a 720+ in today's gmatprep. But alas..to my shock, scored just a 680. Was literally cursing myself on the drive from the library to home.(I go to the library to take my test, it's much quiet and the ambience is good.)

The day started with me waking up at 8:00 am, wantedly overslept..so that my mind wud have enuff rest. Then went over the routine of stretching, shower and breakfast. Been a week, since i've touched quant. So' I randomly selected few Qs frm the OG and just to set up my mind for tht test, solved them..
Drove over to the library..the weather was awesome, not too sunny, not too cloudy..just right. Saw tht the library hadnt opened yet..sat over on the bench overlooking the lawn. It was really scenic.
Just then I remembered that I had forgotten my earplugs. The place where I sit, is the Geneology section, where old ppl, who suddenly get interested in who their ancestors were, come over and take help from the staff and try to locate their family trees. the most crappy thing..for me.

started my exam, and then in the middle started the continuous conversation of an old woman, who came over to find who her great great grandfather was. Just wanted to get up and try to ask her as politely as possible, if she could lower her voice a bit. But, was apprehensive tht, if she by any means, takes it as an offence(me being some foreigner, asking her to shut up), I didnt have the patience to explain her and certainly didnt have the time. the time in my test wud b running, jus cupped my hands on my ears...and passed thru the test..
Saw the result, very very dissapointed.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 126 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2006, 19:16
When all else fails, roll up some tissue paper into a tight ball, lightly dampen it, and stuff it inside your ears. This should help muffle about 75~85% of the ambient noise. I do it every time I take a practice test.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Olin Business School - Washington University

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2006, 05:47
Raghu-

Thats not a bad score bro - I wouldn't worry too much...760 still doable...
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2006, 23:46
Hey GMATT73, thanx for the valuable tip dude....luks like a handy one..

I jus wanted to write some stuff, so that I cud read it later..n track my study schedule later after the exam...

But very glad :) to see such encouraging words...thanx a lot diegmat...
So wen r u giving ur exam....n ur aim..??

ARISE AWAKE AND REST NOT UNTIL THE GOAL IS ACHIEVED

Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2006, 12:33
Hmmm…..Jus 30 days to go, and not scoring the way I want to..Just can’t leave it like that, gotto beat it any cost..cant jus settle with whatever is given to me..luckily, that’s not my attitude..
Jus try relentlessly, U r bound to hit it. I pride myself in preparing very good strategies for any project. Looks like only that can save me now. Jus reworked my strategy. The last month, jus did not develop an advance plan, just dealt with each day.
My SC and DS are far from desired..I have read some more motivational posts from GmatClub.
Now I redesigned my strategy..my weak areas: SC and DS..
So this is what I’m gonna do for the next 28 days…

October 1st to 7th : Each day gonna solve 70 SCs and 70 DSs.
October 7th : Take a Kaplan test
October 8th to 14th : Each day gonna solve 70 SCs and 70DSs
October 15th and 16th : Buffer
Oct 17th to 21st : Gonna solve all the PS, DS and SC from OG-11 (Most important, take time, to read every explanation..very very important)
Oct 22nd to Oct 28th : Gonna take a Gmatprep test each day…to orient myself with the exact level of the official gmat..
29th and 30th revise mistakes…

October 5th: It’s been 4 days of implementation: Can see a significant difference in DS. SC is still the same. The 3rd day I scored an extremely low of 50% correct in SC. Jus wanted to throw away my book for the day. Prepared to sleep without utilizing the last 2 hours of the day..but jus hung on…it was worthy.
Yesterday also, scored a poor correct % in SC. But after reading all the solutions, in GmatClub, I was confident of improving. Coz I had learnt new tips for every and each question. Now very confident that, my SC is bound to increase, If I continue my discipline.
An other important thing was that I am not able to make time, to review all my SCs at the end of the day. So jus weighing options, I have decided that, if necessary, I’m gonna decrease the number of SCs per day, but see that I am up to date in my reviews..of my mistakes..
As my DS correct % has just touched 90, I am planning to alter my plan a bit, by working on 35 PS and 35 DS a day. I guess the DS in 1000DS is too easy..

ARISE AWAKE AND REST NOT UNTIL THE GOAL IS ACHIEVED

VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2006, 15:01
Raghavender wrote:
Hmmm…..Jus 30 days to go, and not scoring the way I want to..Just can’t leave it like that, gotto beat it any cost..cant jus settle with whatever is given to me..luckily, that’s not my attitude..
Jus try relentlessly, U r bound to hit it. I pride myself in preparing very good strategies for any project. Looks like only that can save me now. Jus reworked my strategy. The last month, jus did not develop an advance plan, just dealt with each day.
My SC and DS are far from desired..I have read some more motivational posts from GmatClub.
Now I redesigned my strategy..my weak areas: SC and DS..
So this is what I’m gonna do for the next 28 days…

October 1st to 7th : Each day gonna solve 70 SCs and 70 DSs.
October 7th : Take a Kaplan test
October 8th to 14th : Each day gonna solve 70 SCs and 70DSs
October 15th and 16th : Buffer
Oct 17th to 21st : Gonna solve all the PS, DS and SC from OG-11 (Most important, take time, to read every explanation..very very important)
Oct 22nd to Oct 28th : Gonna take a Gmatprep test each day…to orient myself with the exact level of the official gmat..
29th and 30th revise mistakes…

October 5th: It’s been 4 days of implementation: Can see a significant difference in DS. SC is still the same. The 3rd day I scored an extremely low of 50% correct in SC. Jus wanted to throw away my book for the day. Prepared to sleep without utilizing the last 2 hours of the day..but jus hung on…it was worthy.
Yesterday also, scored a poor correct % in SC. But after reading all the solutions, in GmatClub, I was confident of improving. Coz I had learnt new tips for every and each question. Now very confident that, my SC is bound to increase, If I continue my discipline.
An other important thing was that I am not able to make time, to review all my SCs at the end of the day. So jus weighing options, I have decided that, if necessary, I’m gonna decrease the number of SCs per day, but see that I am up to date in my reviews..of my mistakes..
As my DS correct % has just touched 90, I am planning to alter my plan a bit, by working on 35 PS and 35 DS a day. I guess the DS in 1000DS is too easy..

Stay Cool ...All the best
  [#permalink] 22 Oct 2006, 15:01