Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 06:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My horrible GMAT score

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

My horrible GMAT score [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2005, 12:11
Hi,

I need some guidance and boosting.After 2 months of hard work and decicated preparation ,I got a 510 on my gmat today.
How do i go about this now?When do i retake the test and how do i do better this time around.
Really dejected.

R
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2005, 12:22
I really feel for you.

I guess first thing I would do is take a break of at least a week - just relax, go on a vacation or party or something. Just get out of the hurtful depression.

After you've had some time away (at least a week - maybe more). Come back to it. Think of the gains that a better score will get you. Motivate yourself.

Then take a look at the score, try to remember what could have gone wrong during the test and start building each area (eg, SC, CR etc.) from scratch. If I were doing it for a second time, I would not be in a hurry either. I would take my time and really build up 2-3 areas, then 2-3 areas and so on.

Just some suggestions.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2005, 19:26
First thing - don't compare your score to others on this site! Each person has his or her own capabilities and expectations.

I know how you feel. I was expecting at least a 550+ but got a 480 (Q27, V28) on my first attempt last week. I've taken this week off to clear my head and get motivated again so I'm going to start back up tomorrow. I've been more active on this board and I think it has helped. Everyone here has a great attitude and offer great advice.

My advice to you is take some time off and clear your mind. Then come back with a furious vengeance to conquer the test! Keep an error log and go to town. Start with the basics and go from there.

Hang in there and don't give up! People generally say to plan for 2-3 attempts before you get the score you want so if you think about it, we just took a "warm up" test Very Happy
  [#permalink] 07 Oct 2005, 19:26