Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Sep 2014, 10:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My Journey with The Monster.... Ended with a 650

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 84 [1] , given: 16

Reviews Badge
My Journey with The Monster.... Ended with a 650 [#permalink] New post 15 May 2012, 07:36
This post received
KUDOS
I just took my gmat & ended with a ok ok score of 650 q47 v 34 (siggghhh). Anyway I hope my experience is helpful to someone out there to slay his monster cause mine still very much alive & laughing his head out.

This was my second attempt. My first attempt I had abysml 600. I still don't know hpw I managed to get over it & start studying again.

Now to what you stat geeks would like to analyse & decode in your mystic ways. I'm male 26 indian non-it management studies grad working in a big 4 for the last 1.5 yrs but have a total work cose to 9 yrs last I calculated ( I had my own start-up).

I began my second prep by enrolling myself for a gmat prep class in mumbai. I was determined to crack the mystical 700 score & wanted all the help I could possibly get. From my last attempt I had the following material OG 12, Kaplan Verbal & Math Workbooks Kaplan premier & I did them thrice in my prep.

The classes where ok but polished my rusty math concepts & some other touch ups but still didn't push me to that magical score. I attended all the classes religiously & did the homework given in class. In the end I had finished the class worksheets & og 10.

My real prep & I mean test my brains 120% capacity when I blundered onto the gmat club. I have been hooked on this forum for the last 8-9 months. I literally begin my day checking new posts, on the crapper I had the rss feeds, post lunch it was gmat club & its a miracle that H R hasn't thrown me out. I have downloaded so many notes, problems, etc I lost track where I found the stuff.

My prep for the last couple of months was like this

Morning before work 1 hour of whatever said GMAT. Solved analyze mistakes, redo problems, etc. I have even given a test at 5 am & scored a 660. Usually what I had to do was penned down the previous night & I used to over schedule. This was only possible when I didn't have to go to Thane (2.5 hrs travel in a bus that could remind you what milk feels in a blender)

Arrive at work, first thing check the forums new post, posts that followed my replies, etc usually an hour. Then maybe if I had time solve problems & revert with my workings. I could at the best of days devote 4 hrs at work daily. I even worked on lsat cr & rc passages, sc questions ( if someone wants the stuff I referred to just post it will consolidate & upload. BB upload limit will be breached :-p)

Home usually at the best I could give an hour at night. Usually was fagged out beyond anything.

I gave the following tests:
Gmat prep 690 690 660
Kaplan old : 585
Princeton : idiotic software never gave the score
Crack Gmat : 600, 620 warning low scoring
1 more I had a 720 q44 v44

Material Used :
OG 12 & 10
Kaplan Workbooks
Manhattan Guides (some extent)
Lsat rc & cr
Whiplash sc notes
Gmat club flash cards
Club quant notes
Manhattan sc notes
Class prep material

Advise :
I don't know why people keep praising manhattan guides, their tests can help you but the club notes are the best. I gone through them & honestly couldn't understand what the hell is a subject & verb. The club notes fine tuned my homing skills & this is not a false praise but I could figure out stuff only after joining this site. The thing is you have to dedicate yourself & then ask, people will reply & literally won't stop till you get it. Manhattan can't do this for sure

RC & CR start with the lsat stuff. Your brains probably will be tuned to take the beating post you finish

Quant the club forum nothing else... Just keep solving. OG Kaplan & every other stupid material possible

The club tests are try at your own risk. They meant for quant gods. If I scored a 5% I would dance with joy.

Awa chineseburn guide nothing else
Exam prep : Its crucial you don't stress yourself while you prep or take the exam. The day I didn't care about the score I scored really well or got everything. Its more about you learning while preparing than the score. Eat well sleep well. This exam screws your life & while you prepare your a zombie without a life. It brings out the worse & best of you & you have to deal with it. People around you have too as well

I guess I rambled on enough, I just hope my score is enough to get me into my dream schools :-(

Posted from my mobile device Image

Giving +1 kudos is a better way of saying 'Thank You'.

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: My Journey with The Monster.... Ended with a 650 [#permalink] New post 15 May 2012, 08:24
how was the level of quant and CR in the main exam
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 16

Reviews Badge
Re: My Journey with The Monster.... Ended with a 650 [#permalink] New post 15 May 2012, 08:29
Very similar to what is available in various resources but quant was difficult in the begining. Also I saw an sc quest with 4 commas

Giving +1 kudos is a better way of saying 'Thank You'.

Re: My Journey with The Monster.... Ended with a 650   [#permalink] 15 May 2012, 08:29