Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 16:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My KAplan CAT 1 score

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

My KAplan CAT 1 score [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2010, 03:03
I gave KAPLAN CAT1 and got a total score of 720. I took this test online from the material i got from the KAPLAN Premier2010 edition. However, it is showing my quant score as 53 and verbal 38. how can quant be 53?? is this scoring correct.. I dont understand
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
Followers: 349

Kudos [?]: 1416 [1] , given: 196

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: My KAplan CAT 1 score [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2010, 18:09
This post received
KUDOS
From what I've heard about the GMAT, the scaled section scores are out of 60, but the max they give is a 51. I am not sure about this though. Maybe some of the more experienced members can help. But congrats on the 720. Kaplan has pretty hard tests, from what I hear. And a 720 is a great score.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: My KAplan CAT 1 score [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2010, 20:07
Thanks. though i got a 99percentile in quant, my verbal was jus 83.. will improve on that and then write my GMAT probably in august.
Expert Post
Kaplan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 68

Kudos [?]: 187 [0], given: 2

Re: My KAplan CAT 1 score [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2010, 11:26
Expert's post
Hi!

Thanks for pointing out this inconsistency with our scoring; I'll make sure this gets passed along to the correct people. That being said, Kaplan focuses our effort on scaling the 200-800 score properly, as that is the number most test-takers, and schools, are concerned with.

Regardless, our CAT 1 has served it's purpose admirably. First, it's shown that you are already capable of a great score; second, it's shown that most of the room you have for improvement is in the verbal section. I'm sure the individual breakdown of your score can be mined for even more detail, such as whether you can eke a few more points out of the math section by focusing on Data Sufficiency over Problem Solving (or vice versa), or whether your verbal study time is best spent focusing on Critical Reading or on Reading Comprehension.

In any event, congratulations on your excellent score; I'm confident your Kaplan materials will help you raise it even higher!

Eli Meyer
Kaplan Teacher
http://www.kaptest.com/GMAT

Prepare with Kaplan and save $150 on a course!

Kaplan Reviews

Re: My KAplan CAT 1 score   [#permalink] 21 Jun 2010, 11:26