Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Nov 2014, 15:08

Happy Thanksgiving:

Free Access to GMAT Club Tests until 11 AM PST on Fri 11/28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My Knewton Experience/What are my chances?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

My Knewton Experience/What are my chances? [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2012, 06:19
Just wanted to post about my experience prepping for the GMAT. I enrolled in the Knewton online course because of the money-back guarantee about two months ago and scored a 600 on their baseline GMAT. I was very weak in Quant (36%, as its been 10 years since high school math), and decent in Verbal (I think around 90%). I went through all the practice tests, did all the core classes and core homework, and took the GMAT yesterday. I scored a 700 (43 quant, 42 verbal), which I hope will be enough to get into one of the programs I am applying for. Unfortunately I ran out of time on my last integrated reasoning question, which was stupid and completely my fault, so I'm not expecting a high IR score. I should be fine on the essay. I read a few articles saying schools won't be paying very close attention to the IR score for another year or so, but is a poor integrated reasoning score likely to hurt my chances? I'll have to wait 20 days to see what it is. I'm hoping that the fact that I started two businesses, which are both still running 3 years later (a flight school and another aviation-specific company), will help in the application process. I also have my name on two patents, so I'm really relying on the recent business experience to open the door to the schools I'm applying to (all are top 20 schools). I'm about to start putting together application packages, so I thought I would ask for some advice, as a couple of the schools to which I'm applying are top 10 schools. What are my chances?

Chris
Knewton GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Forum Moderator
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: My Knewton Experience/What are my chances? [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2012, 08:44
Please post "profile evaluation" questions in the related forums . We have a number of MBA/admission consultants forum that you could post such questions in .

As far as your GMAT score goes , you mentioned that you were not able to attempt the last IR question , what about the rest ? How did you do on them ? Whatever happens , don't worry too much about your IR score , it's still in the experimental phase . By that I mean it'll be atleast a year before Ad-coms starting giving the IR score some importance .

Good luck !
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: My Knewton Experience/What are my chances? [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2012, 16:42
Yeah I realized that after I did it so I reposted this to the admissions forum. I probably did ok on the rest of the IR questions, I guess we'll see what happens. Hopefully they won't give it much weight.
Re: My Knewton Experience/What are my chances?   [#permalink] 09 Aug 2012, 16:42