Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 20:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My Last Two GMATCLUB CAT Tests Are Crushing My Confidence

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 7

My Last Two GMATCLUB CAT Tests Are Crushing My Confidence [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 16:24
I've taken a total of 5 GMATCLUB CAT tests and received the following scores: V40, V42, V40, V26, and V28.

What's scaring me is that out of the 82 questions of the past two tests 64 were of the 700 weight type. There were 31 700 weight questions in one exam (of which I only got 15 correct) and then 33 700 weight questions in the other (of which I only got 16 correct). Each CAT only had 2 500 questions. I'm sitting for the GMAT next month and these past couple exams are scaring me.

I know the these CATS are said to be harder than the real thing, but wow.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 111 [1] , given: 11

CAT Tests
Re: My Last Two GMATCLUB CAT Tests Are Crushing My Confidence [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 13:51
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi,

I hope you are doing well. These tests are tough. You are doing fine. There's no need to worry about the score. The GMATClub tests are great for learning some specific concepts and to practice your timing (especially your ability to let go and move on). I had two students recently that were getting in the 20's on these and ultimately one scored a 48 while the other scored a 49 on their real tests.

Happy Studies,

HG.

"It is a curious property of research activity that after the problem has been solved the solution seems obvious. This is true not only for those who have not previously been acquainted with the problem, but also for those who have worked over it for years." -Dr. Edwin Land

GMAT Sample Questions to assess your GMAT Quant.

If you found my post useful KUDOS are much appreciated.

IMPROVE YOUR READING COMPREHENSION with the ECONOMIST READING COMPREHENSION CHALLENGE:

Here is the first set along with some strategies for approaching this work: http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-economist-reading-comprehension-challenge-151479.html

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 7

Re: My Last Two GMATCLUB CAT Tests Are Crushing My Confidence [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 15:27
HerrGrau wrote:
Hi,

I hope you are doing well. These tests are tough. You are doing fine. There's no need to worry about the score. The GMATClub tests are great for learning some specific concepts and to practice your timing (especially your ability to let go and move on). I had two students recently that were getting in the 20's on these and ultimately one scored a 48 while the other scored a 49 on their real tests.

Happy Studies,

HG.

Thanks, HerrGrau. That kind of puts me at ease.

The thing that I'm confused about on these CATs as well is, if you get a few wrong in a row, isn't it supposed to adapt and give you a few easy questions to get back on track? How did I get 33 700 questions out of 41, when I got 17 of those 33 wrong?
Expert Post
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 111 [0], given: 11

CAT Tests
Re: My Last Two GMATCLUB CAT Tests Are Crushing My Confidence [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2013, 04:29
Expert's post
Hi,

These tests are not adaptive in the same way as the real thing. They may be slightly adaptive but I think that is more marketing than anything else. Regardless, they are still good and worth using. And at the moment, as far as I know, MGMAT and GMATClub tests are the best available.

Happy Studies,

HG

"It is a curious property of research activity that after the problem has been solved the solution seems obvious. This is true not only for those who have not previously been acquainted with the problem, but also for those who have worked over it for years." -Dr. Edwin Land

GMAT Sample Questions to assess your GMAT Quant.

If you found my post useful KUDOS are much appreciated.

IMPROVE YOUR READING COMPREHENSION with the ECONOMIST READING COMPREHENSION CHALLENGE:

Here is the first set along with some strategies for approaching this work: http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-economist-reading-comprehension-challenge-151479.html

Re: My Last Two GMATCLUB CAT Tests Are Crushing My Confidence   [#permalink] 06 Mar 2013, 04:29