My neighbor's dogs bark and howl every time their owner lets them outside. My CPA told me that dogs tend to bark and howl when they see birds resting in the top branches of their favorite trees. I personally believe they bark and howl because they enjoy disrupting my meditations.
Which of the following can be inferred from the preceding passage?
1. The dogs must be abused by their owners.
2. The dogs' owners do not care how they are viewed by their neighbors.
3. There are many pedestrians who walk by this neighbor's house, and the dogs are starving for attention.
4. The dogs enjoy being outside.
5. The dogs will bark and howl at 3 a.m. if they are outside at that time