Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:52 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: My Profile: European, 32yo, 760 GMAT, 7y we - little or no extrac. [#permalink]
Expert Reply
ascar wrote:
Hi,
I need advice for my profile:

Nationality: Italian
Degree: Undergraduate degree in Marketing grade 101/110 and Postgraduate 1 year course in Economic Statistic grade 108/110 - I have an 'hole' of one year in my undergraduate studies, I was not very motivated at the time, so in the end it took me five years to complete a three year course. This is my first weakness. But it happened ten years ago.
GMAT 760 with 50Q - 45V - IR 8 but AWA only 4,0 , I can write in english but it took me a lot of time during the test and I could not organize the answer in terms of structure/expected template
Work Experience: I worked for 7 years as a Consultant working for a Software Developing firm. It is a small (20 employee) Italian firm, but I had pretty good clients I can talk about. Since the firm is completely flat I never had promotions (but raises and benefits like a company car, bonuses etc)
I have no extracurriculars to talk about since they are not part of our educational system and I had other interest, like creative writing, photography, all activities that you do by yourself. I played volleyball in high school and university but I was not a particularly accomplished player.

I am particularly interested in continuing working in software/technology as a Product/Project Manager
I already applied to Sloan, Stanford, Haas, UCLA
I know that most of these schools are long shots so I am beginning to think about which schools I can target for R2, I was thinking McCombs, Tepper, maybe Ross?
Can you think of other schools that I can target "safely" with my profile and that are in line with my post MBA interests?

Thank you very much

Well, first dude,
You deserve a huge slap on the back for that killer GMAT. go you! A 760! and you're not even from China :)

So that's great. Your UG GPA is very good, although keep in mind it will depend on the University and program you graduated from. If you graduated from one of the Top 3 in Italy, that's great for Top 10 schools, if not... it's well... less good :)

Your work experience from what I can see here is your big weakness - a small firm, IT, with no promotions... Gonna be tough here. My suggestion would be to dig out what else you can in terms of Sports/ Hobbies / Extra curriculars/ volunteer work.. otherwise your profile can look flat.

Also, as a member of the Adcom, I am gonna be curious about: Why MBA? Why NOW? What can you do to PROVE you have some wicked biz skills?

Stanford, Sloan and Haas will likely be a bit of a long-shot for you (although hard to say without seeing your applications). McCombs, Tepper, Ross are more in your "Sweet spot". I'd also urge you to apply to INSEAD and maybe Oxford and Cambridge, as I think these programs can fit you well (although they are one-year... like almost all Euro MBAs).

Best,
JF
GMAT Club Bot
Re: My Profile: European, 32yo, 760 GMAT, 7y we - little or no extrac. [#permalink]