Thanks for your advice.
My community involvement:
- I used to work as a volunteer for YMCA, an NGO, from 1997 to 2002. YMCA Vietnam cooperated with the YMCA network in the world to implement many community projects to help the poor, the handicap and orphan or homeless children. And I worked as an English interpreter, sometimes as a teacher teaching English and basic computer skills for those people. I once represented YMCA Vietnam to attend an international youth forum in Manila, Phillipine, organized by YMCA international network, to discuss about the issue of the youth in each country. Is this kind of community involvement too out of date to mention about?
- I used to be class monitor during high school and I organize a meeting for the class alumni every year.
- Recently, being a consultant for a private sector development project, I provide consultancy to various business associations on their activities such as organizing events for enterprise members, providing training courses for members' employees, doing advocacy on government policy... However, this is part of my work, which is paid, not a volunteer work.
- I used to be a scout when I was a teenager, but that is too out of date to mention about, isn't it?
- Before 2002, I attended many activities of the church such as singing, camping, social work. But now, no more time for these.
- My hobbies recently are mainly reading and swimming. I'm married and have a family to take care.
Do the above activities add any value to my profile, considering that they happened several years ago? Are hobbies and community involvement important components to my profile? Do I need to start doing something again now to add to my profile?
Thank you very much for your counsel.