Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Sep 2014, 18:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My propspects ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

My propspects ? [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2005, 22:49
Hi Scott and Omari ,

About Myself :

Male , 24Y, Indian

Educatioanal Background:

B.Tech in from Indian Institute Of Technology ,
GPA : 3.2/4
Passed out in 2004

GMAT and TOEFL stats :

GMAT 670 (50Q, 30V) ,AWA (result awaited expecting 5+)
TOEFL (will be taking soon, expecting 270+ in CBT )

Work Experience:

For past one year I have been working as a Technical Engineer in a Fortune 500 company . Here is something about accomplishments in the past one year :

• Trouble shooting of Technical problems.
• Was actively involved in planning and commissioning of a new boiler unit .
• Had a small stint in Economics and Planning of Crude oil purchase and shipment. Got the best project award in 2004 .
• Presently also working in six sigma project for quality management of Crude Distillation Unit.
• Got silver medal in athletics in the CompanySportsMeet.

Extra-Curricular Activities :

• Institute Hockey Captain for two years in college.
• Cultural Secretary of college in final year.
• Organised Blood donation Camps in the sub-urbs of the company .

Why I want to join a B-School :

• I feel I have leadership qualities to manage people . I have been activelyinvolved inmany events where I worked in team and lead teams. But till now my decision making was limited to afew people and I want to be adept atmaking business decisions.
• I want to work as a consultant for a few years and then start my own consultancy firm.

What I am aiming for :

1. Case Western Reserve
2. Ohio State Univ. (Fisher )
3. Pennsylvania State Univ (Smeal )
4. Univ Of Rochester ( Simon)
5. Wake Forest Univ (Babcock)
6. Thunderbird

These are all 25 + ranked schools and my decision is based on the number of people accepted with less than two years of work experience .By next August I will have completed two years of full time work experience ,these schools are more likely to give me admits .

Your kind advice:

I will be thankful if you answer the following queries :

1. What are my chances of getting these schools ?

2. As I have a relatively lower work experience than others , is it worth doing some online courses on Micro economics or statistics ? I feel these would add feather in my cap and bolster my chances.What’s your opinion?

3. I made my decisions basedon the surveys and rankings of Business week and US News . How do you rate theses schools in terms of job placements ?

4. Is my selection of B-Schools o.k. or I shoul look for some more Schools . If yes , then please recommend me some .

It is a long mail and I will be taking a lot of your valuable time . But I feel your advice will be extremely helpful to me .I am eagerly waiting for your reply . If anymore information is required , please let me know.

Thanking You

Waiter_iitm
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
CIO
CIO
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2005, 15:06
1. What are my chances of getting these schools ?

I think they are pretty good. Rochester may be a bit of a stretch, but it's good to have at least one stretch target.

2. As I have a relatively lower work experience than others , is it worth doing some online courses on Micro economics or statistics ? I feel these would add feather in my cap and bolster my chances.What’s your opinion?

No it's much more important that you show that even with just a couple years of experience that you've had some major impact.

3. I made my decisions basedon the surveys and rankings of Business week and US News . How do you rate theses schools in terms of job placements ?

At what companies? Take a look at their career guides.

4. Is my selection of B-Schools o.k. or I shoul look for some more Schools . If yes , then please recommend me some

Seems decent.

http://www.mbagameplan.com