Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 03:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My score dropped from low to lower... I hate my life

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Schools: Georgetown, GWU, NYU
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 15

My score dropped from low to lower... I hate my life [#permalink] New post 08 May 2011, 07:17
Okay, so maybe the title of this topic is a little much... but I'm so disappointed in myself. I took the GMAT about 2 years ago and I scored a 570: I barely studied at all. This time around, I studied for nearly 4 months with the Manhattan GMAT books and I scored a 510. A drop of 60 points?! Who does that?! I was hoping for a 650 after all the studying and practice questions that I did. I was sadly disappointed.

On test day, I completely psyched myself out. My stomach was upset, hands were shaking, etc. I took both of my breaks during the exam to pace the hallways. Stupidly, I accidentally went over my time for the second break. During all sections (AWA, Math, and Verbal), I ran out of time. I was able to answer all the questions, but the last few were by guessing.

As many of you may have experienced a disappointing score, you know how I feel: it totally kicks your ego in the stomach. Any similar experiences? I need some motivation! Any advice as to what I should do now? I'm not giving up.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Affiliations: PMI,QAI Global,eXampleCG
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 144 [1] , given: 10

Re: My score dropped from low to lower... I hate my life [#permalink] New post 08 May 2011, 07:59
This post received
KUDOS
Well we are all here to help each other out.

First of all, as you are stressed out,take a break.Do the favorite things you do.This will help you ease out the pain.

Secondly, let by-gone be by-gone, start a-fresh with vigor and new spirit. Set a new target date. GMAT Club has Study plans. Use them diligently and keep us updated. Since you already know your weakness you can concentrate on them at first.

After a certain stage in your preparations ,start concentrating on the questions in the Forum.Also take the GMAT Club tests and the MGMAT tests. If you work as per a proper plan,surely you will get your target score.

Moreover, depending upon your background and competency level keep a realistic score that you believe is achievable for you.Keep yourself under constant discussion with fellow members in the GMAT club.Participate in the discussions.As you start getting questions right,you will develop a fascination for the tests.This will help you.

My best wishes,from all the GMAT Club members to you.

Keep us posted.

Visit -- http://www.sustainable-sphere.com/
Promote Green Business,Sustainable Living and Green Earth !!

Intern
Intern

Re: My score dropped from low to lower... I hate my life [#permalink] New post 08 May 2011, 14:15
Thanks for your encouragement.

I do plan to take a break for a month or so. I want to enjoy part of my summer. During my break, I plan to research GMAT prep courses and decide on one for the fall.

I'll continue to post in the community and take advantage of everyone's advice. Thanks again for your help!
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
Followers: 18

Kudos [?]: 81 [1] , given: 4

Re: My score dropped from low to lower... I hate my life [#permalink] New post 09 May 2011, 19:58
This post received
KUDOS
Yes, take a break and rejuvenate yourself. In my previous attempts, I was too disappointed. So I know the feeling. When you are back, you need to work both on your strategy and concept. Your aim is to captilize on your strengths and minimize your mistakes. Do consider what works for so many top scorers such as error log, methodical analysis, improvement tracking,etc.

If you have any questions, we all are here to help.

----------------------------------------------
My GMAT Experience : http://gmatclub.com/forum/name-of-the-game-do-not-giveup-112609.html

If you like my post, Kudos me.

Don't forget to visit me - http://mbaido.wordpress.com/

Intern
Intern

Re: My score dropped from low to lower... I hate my life [#permalink] New post 11 May 2011, 04:07
Yes, I do need to take advantage of the error logs that are available on this site. Of course, I'm stubborn and thought, "I don't need one." I'll definitely have one this time around! :)
Re: My score dropped from low to lower... I hate my life   [#permalink] 11 May 2011, 04:07